Innowatts is an energy technology company based in Houston, TX that is transforming the way energy is bought, sold, managed and consumed. We are a leading provider of AMI-enabled predictive analytics and AI-based solutions for utilities, energy retailers, emerging retailers, and smart energy communities. To date, the Innowatts eUtility™ technology platform has enabled over 52 million energy consumers and their energy providers with access to lower energy costs and a more reliable and personalized energy experience. Innowatts is backed by Energy Impact Partners, Shell Ventures, Iberdrola Energy Ventures, Veronorte and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
Innowatts is seeking a talented Solutions Designer to join our team, you will work closely with clients and prospective clients to understand their business drivers and product requirements. Using an in-depth understanding of the Innowatts product family, adjacent technologies and business processes, you will design solutions that excite our clients and deliver tangible value. You will be an integral member of both the Product and Sales teams.
- Collaborate with clients to understand their business requirements and identify opportunities for software solutions
- Partner with Sales to deliver sales pitches and demonstrations that are aligned to the customers business needs
- Use knowledge of Innowatts’ product portfolio to identify appropriate elements for use in the software solution
- Collaborate with senior members of the team to design and implement custom solutions that meet client needs
- Develop design documents and proposals to clearly outline the scope and goals of the software solution
- Work closely with the development team to ensure the solution is implemented in accordance with the design
- Provide ongoing support to clients to ensure their software solution continues to meet their needs
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices to ensure Innowatts is providing the best possible solutions to our clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
- 2 + years professional experience in a similar role
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to think creatively and develop innovative solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and team members
- Experience working in software development or design
- Passion for technology and a desire to stay current with new and emerging software development trends
- Start-up experience with a product company a plus
- Strong analytics and business process design
- In depth knowledge of Power BI and or similar business intelligence services.
Benefits and Additional Perks
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Hybrid working