As we further grow our technical and engineering teams, we’re looking for a C++ engineer to join us as a critical member of our multidisciplinary group of innovators on a mission to accelerate the future of learning. In this role, your primary responsibilities will be to design, develop, and implement software that facilitates virtual reality training experiences for both PC and mobile devices.
This role involves collaboration with a versatile team comprised of 3D artists, full-stack engineers, and other C++ engineers working on an Unreal Engine-based project. This position will operate in a fast-paced, agile environment, collaborating with highly skilled, proactive people passionate about immersive technology and providing the opportunity to work on many different types of projects.
- Write reusable, high-performance modern C++ code
- Carry feature implementations from concept to delivery
- Lead discussions on design and architecture
- Profile and optimize code across multiple platforms
- Define and write unit and integration tests
- Perform code reviews for your peers
- Able to break down technical problems into digestible pieces and communicate those needs to other teams
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Minimum 2+ years related experience working with a game engine
- Ability to utilize source control software
- Proficient in C++ and object-oriented programming
- Experience with network protocols and consuming Restful APIs
- Firm understanding of vector and matrix operations
- Ability to work well on a small Agile Scrum team in a fluid, fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline
- Blueprint and/or C++ development with Unreal Engine experience
- Source control with Perforce
- High level of comfort with asynchronous algorithms, message bus behavior, and multithreading
- Exhibit grit and a self-starter attitude
- Able to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to consider problems from multiple perspectives
- Welcome constructive criticism as a tool for growth
- Desire to learn and improve
We are interested in qualified candidates who are eligible to work in the United States.
We are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
Something looks off?