Newfold Digital is a leading web technology company serving nearly seven million customers globally. Established in 2021 through the combination of leading web services providers Endurance Web Presence and Web.com Group, our portfolio of brands includes: Bluehost, BigRock, ResellerClub, CrazyDomains, HostGator, Network Solutions, Register.com, Web.com and many others. We help customers of all sizes build a digital presence that delivers results. With our extensive product offerings and personalized support, we take pride in collaborating with our customers to serve their online presence needs.
About the Role:
We are looking for an Operation Engineer – Linux, who approaches their work with passion, a hunger for learning and growth, and a steadfast commitment to delivering outstanding results. If you're a team player with a positive mindset, keen to make a meaningful impact, we encourage you to reach out to us!
What you’ll do:
- Manage distributed infrastructure with open-source technologies across multiple datacenters.
- Ensure product SLAs, perform capacity planning, and address critical issues in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Look for enhancements and innovative solutions to help the services scale and improve existing technical support tools, procedures, or processes.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to address technical challenges and escalations.
- Utilize data and metrics for decision-making, focusing on security and best practices.
- Prioritize robust automation and scripting to reduce dependence on manual procedures.
Who You Are:
- Strong understanding of Linux internals, essential OS concepts, and fundamental network principles
- Knowledge of at least one configuration management tool: Puppet, Ansible, Chef, and understanding of GIT concepts.
- Basic familiarity with databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with a minimum of one metrics and logging stack, encompassing Grafana, Influx, Graphite, Prometheus, ELK and Graylog
- Practical experience with any one of Nginx, Apache, or Tomcat web servers is required.
- Have exposure to load balancers such as HAProxy, Nginx and F5
- Experience with caching technologies, including Redis, Varnish, and Memcached, is preferred.
- Skilled in at least one scripting language such as Python, Golang or Perl
Why you’ll love us:
In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams. Here is just a snippet of
what we think you’ll love:
● Grow together. Our exciting virtual learning & development programs never cease to amaze us. Participate in our ExpertSpeak sessions/E-learning courses to grow professionally & personally.
● Work with creative & innovative teams. At Endurance, we believe in hiring the best of the best and are proud of being surrounded with people who think out of the box to only better our products, work & customer experiences.
● Did someone say free domain? Building a community one domain at a time, one employee at a time. All our employees are eligible for a free domain and WordPress blog as we sponsor the domain registration costs.
● Leave your worries aside! Juggling the demands of career and personal life can be stressful and challenging but don't worry! Our employee's assistance program services provide free, confidential, short-term counseling. This benefit is also extended to immediate family members.
● We’ve got you covered. We are a family! From medical to life insurance, education sponsorship to interest-free loans & Flexi-leave policy - we've got your back!