Business Intelligence & Data Engineer
Newfold Digital is a leading web technology company serving millions of customers globally. Our customers know us through our robust portfolio of brands. We have some of the industry's most prominent and storied go-to-market brands, including Bluehost, HostGator, Domain.com, Network Solutions, Register.com and Web.com. We help customers of all sizes build a digital presence that delivers results. With our extensive product offerings and personalized support, we take pride in collaborating with our customers to serve their online presence needs. The strength of our company lives in the intersection of our people, our customers, and our brands.
What you’ll do & how you’ll make your mark.
Must Have - BI/Data Warehouse experience, ETL tools like Informatica, SSIS, Talend, Data Stage, Unix/Linux, strong Oracle SQL/PL SQL, problem solving skills Good to Have - BI Reporting tool like Tableau/ SSAS/ SSRS, Java, Python.
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of database development (OLAP), relational structures, dimensional modelling, structured query language (SQL) skills, and enterprise reporting techniques. Demonstrate ability to develop, design, and optimize complex SQL queries.
- Knowledge of Oracle (v10 and higher), MS SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX/LINUX, stored procedures, Python, API protocols, and Table design / big data architecture.
- Develops and updates physical data models that support logical models used in the enterprise reporting platform.
- Creates scripts to accomplish the task of extracting, transferring, and loading data from ERP application databases into the enterprise data warehouse. May require creating the extract process from source system.
- Daily monitoring of database tables, index sizing, and performance. A focus on data integrity, through periodic audits with the ability to analyse daily load scripts to find root causes of load errors and revises as required. Revises or recommends applications for corrections, enhancements, or system environment changes.
- Create, run, or support all levels of testing to confirm application meets specifications.
- Writes and maintains documentation of scripts, specifications, data structures, and end-user instructions.
- Reviews user and technical documentation written by others to confirm consistency with enterprise data warehouse functionality.
- Able to work extra hours and occasional weekends for system hardware changes and to respond to emergencies.
- Consults with supervisors, project leads, data warehouse team, database administrators, application developers, business / data analysts and end-users to gather information about application intent, data requirements, internal and external controls, operating environment, and data lifecycle with other solutions.
- Participates in the rollout of updates and enhancements to the enterprise data warehouse.
- Provide operational support to Production systems.
Who you are & what you’ll need to succeed.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information technology, or related discipline; and four to six years information technology experience with two to three years of enterprise data warehouse experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated experience working with relational databases.
- Experience in physical and logical design of relational databases, scaling, and performance tuning.
- Strong knowledge of SQL is required as well as experience with an Oracle RDBMS.
- Experience with all phases of ETL functions required within an enterprise data warehouse environment.
- Strong knowledge of the UNIX operating system (HP-UX) in a multi-user and service-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of BI Reporting tool like Tableau, SSAS, SSRS is a plus.
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse ETL tools like Informatica Power Centre client, SSIS, Talend is a plus.
- Exposure to application development (object oriented and/or JAVA programming environments).
- Functional experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Familiar with enterprise business intelligence platforms
- Experience with source control applications
- Experience working on public cloud platform AWS/Azure/GCP
- Experience working with dockized applications.
Why you’ll love us.
- We’ve evolved; we provide three work environment scenarios. You can feel like a Newfolder in a work-from-home, hybrid, or work-from-the-office environment.
- Work-life balance. Our work is thrilling and meaningful, but we know balance is key to living well.
- We celebrate one another’s differences. We’re proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion. We foster a culture of belonging. Our company and customers benefit when employees bring their authentic selves to work. We have programs that bring us together on important issues and provide learning and development opportunities for all employees. We have 20+ affinity groups where you can network and connect with Newfolders globally.
- We care about you. At Newfold, taking care of our employees is our top priority. We make sure that cutting edge benefits are in place for you. Some of the benefits you will have: We have partnered with some of the best insurance providers to provide you excellent Health Insurance options, Education/ Certification Sponsorships to give you a chance to further your knowledge, Flexi-leaves to take personal time off and much more. Building a community one domain at a time, one employee at a time. All our employees are eligible for a free domain and WordPress blog as we sponsor the domain registration costs.
- Where can we take you? We’re fans of helping our employees learn different aspects of the business, be challenged with new tasks, be mentored, and grow their careers. Unfold new possibilities with #teamnewfold!