Web.com offers do-it-yourself and professional website design, website hosting, e-commerce, web marketing and e-mail
The Design Specialist is responsible for designing world-class custom websites. The ideal candidate is passionate about design, has strong written and oral communication, and has examples of their prior design-related work.
has context menu
Role and Responsibilities:
- Review creative brief to understand customer’s business strategy, preferences, goals, customer-provided material.
- Utilize creative brief in combination with industry knowledge, design experience and other creative assets to create user-friendly, high-quality website that accomplishes company’s goals.
- Create websites using web-based authoring tools and applications.
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexities, clearly communicate progress, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Openly accepts and incorporates qualitative feedback.
- Open to learning new web design, marketing, and coding techniques involving web design.
- Participates in cross-functional team meetings to improve processes.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual creative skills.
- Detail-oriented, problem solver, and dynamic.
- Dedicated, organized, and team oriented.
- Adobe Photoshop required.
- Basic understanding of HTML, CSS and web authoring tools required.
- Advanced HTML, CSS, and web authoring tools, a plus.
- High school (or equivalent) is required.
- College/University degree with design or technology focus with 2-3 years professional experience, a plus.
- Up-to-date design portfolio displaying recent work strongly encouraged.
This Job Description includes the essential job functions required to perform the job described above, as well as additional duties and responsibilities. This Job Description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the employee performing this job may be required to perform. The Company reserves the right to revise the Job Description at any time, and to require the employee to perform functions in addition to those listed above.