Senior Principal Engineer
Newfold Digital is a leading web technology company serving millions of customers globally. We have some of the industry's most prominent and storied go-to-market brands, including Bluehost, HostGator, Domain.com, Network Solutions, Register.com and Web.com. We help our customers to launch and grow their digital presence - by providing hosting, mobile-friendly website builders, e-commerce solutions, mobile app builders and much more. Newfold has more than 7 million subscribers around the globe and annual revenue of over USD 1.4B.
Newfold Digital is looking for a passionate and experienced Principal Engineer who can help us modernize our technology stack to serve customer's needs. He/she can help define a technical vision with other architects in the team and help other engineers in the team. He/she will be a part of a team to transform the platform from a monolith to microservices, integrate 3rd party products and to build new products for individuals and business owners looking to get online.
Role: Senior Principal Engineer (Experience: 12+ years) - India - Remote
What you’ll do & how you’ll make your mark.
We are looking for a candidate who is/can.
- Provide an architecture solution for business requirements.
- Recommend technology based on the need and vision.
- Identify innovation opportunities and drive innovation.
- Define best practices and help engineers execute with quality.
- Define architecture strategy and guidelines.
- Mentor and train individual contributors
- Stakeholder communication to understand and manage business requirements.
- Review & recommend the strategy to transform existing technology stack.
- Define Application metrics to maintain performance.
- Help in troubleshooting/Debugging issues (Application/Server/Network)
- Maintain architecture documents, diagrams, design documents.
- Understands compliance issues, legal issues and risks involved.
- Understands security aspects of application development.
- Understands trade-offs and risks associated with architectural choices.
- Knows ways to reduce technical debt and keep in control.
- Help achieve engineering excellence objectives.
- Keeps himself/herself updated on latest technology trends.
- Well versed with cloud technologies
- Work with management to define processes or remove blockers for engineering teams to increase efficiency.
- Master of one of the technologies in the backend (Perl/ Java / Python)
- Master of one of the SQL technologies (MySQL/ PostgreSQL)
- Understands scrum, agile methodologies.
- If certified with any authority would be advantageous, but not mandatory (TOGAF)
- Experience with microservices/latest architecture is required.
- Experience with supporting International & Global platforms will be a ++.
We require your experience to scale applications to work for increased load, we want to transform our platforms (Perl, Python) to service-based architectures (Java, Python) without impacting the current business. We are taking steps to modernize our applications and are committed to investing more to overcome the current challenges. As a tech enthusiast, he/she should have experience transforming monolithic architectures, a strong understanding of scaling, distributed architectures, caching, queuing, replications, data structures & algorithms, database solutions, storage, internet tools, protocols, and networking.
We have a great set of engineers who have become part of the endurance family for years now! Come & join us on the journey.
Who you are & what you’ll need to succeed.
- Experienced individual contributor with startup/Handson mindset
- Should have strong 12+ years of experience in dealing with distributed applications and scale.
- A very good team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with global engineering teams.
- Has experience dealing with legacy platforms and modernizing it to latest tech
- Has strong RDBMS knowledge in one of the MySQL, PostgreSQL/ Oracle
- Has experience in systems, networks and OS.
- Has dealt with Systems at scale and help debug live issues
- Can guide teams for technology excellence and work with them to build COE
- Can inspire technology enthusiasts by contributing back to Opensource, tech talks or blogs
- Have knowledge about web services/frameworks and knowledge of Hosting/Email/DNS/Domains would be a plus.
Why you’ll love us.
- We’ve evolved; we provide three work environment scenarios. You can feel like a Newfolder in a work-from-home, hybrid, or work-from-the-office environment.
- Work-life balance. Our work is thrilling and meaningful, but we know balance is key to living well.
- We celebrate one another’s differences. We’re proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion. We foster a culture of belonging. Our company and customers benefit when employees bring their authentic selves to work. We have programs that bring us together on important issues and provide learning and development opportunities for all employees. We have 20 + affinity groups where you can network and connect with Newfolders globally.
- We care about you. At Newfold, taking care of our employees is our top priority. We make sure that cutting edge benefits are in place for you. Some of the benefits you will have: We have partnered with some of the best insurance providers to provide you excellent Health Insurance options, Education/ Certification Sponsorships to give you a chance to further your knowledge, Flexi-leaves to take personal time off and much more!
- Where can we take you? We’re fans of helping our employees learn different aspects of the business, be challenged with new tasks, be mentored, and grow their careers. Unfold new possibilities with #teamnewfold!