Senior DevOps Engineer
Hi, Future Homie!
As a Homie, you'll be part of an unstoppable team that puts customers first, embraces each day with excitement, and strives for excellence in everything you do. We’re revolutionizing the way small businesses manage their teams and grow their business. What this means for you is a shared passion for innovation and making a difference for the people we serve. So what do you say, will you join us on our mission to empower small businesses?
As a Homie, you are a bar raiser, this means you come with:
- 5+ years of experience on a Infrastructure/Platform team
- 3+ years of experience working with a cloud provider such as AWS (preferred), GCP, or Azure
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools such as Terraform, Cloudformation, or Chef
- Proficiency with relational databases such as Postgres (preferred) or MySQL
- Experience with containers and container schedulers such as AWS ECS or Kubernetes
- Proficiency with Linux/Unix and command-line tools
- Experience supporting a messaging queue system such as Kafka (preferred) or RabbitMQ
- Experience with application performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Development experience, preferably with ruby or go
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently
- Ability to collaborate in office weekly on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
As a Homie, you will make an impact by:
Partnering with the rest of the Product and Data engineering teams to ensure they have the resources and capabilities to serve our customers. You will use your communication skills to understand the needs of various teams and explain the trade offs of different potential solutions. You will use your technical skills to advance our resilience and scalability through tooling and automation.
- Ensure the availability and resiliency of our underlying infrastructure
- Bridge the gap between infrastructure and other teams reliant on the resources and services we provide
- Help develop service-oriented architecture practices that allow Homebase to continue serving our customers today and many more customers in the future
- Develop engineer-focused tooling to support service deployments and team ownership of services
- Stock Options - Everyone is an Owner!
- 401(k) program + 4% company match
- Employer supplemented Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- 20 days of accrued PTO, annual paid holidays and paid volunteer time off
- Continued learning and development stipend
- Paid life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending account (FSA) options
- Top-of-the-line equipment and stipend for workspace setup
- Work from home Monday, Thursday, & Friday
- Meals provided at our vibrant work spaces
- Team offsites and monthly opportunities to engage with fellow Homies
What to Expect During the Interview Process:
- Meet the Talent Acquisition team
- Meet the Hiring Manager
- Participate in a Technical Interview
- Meet the Leadership team
- Professional Reference Checks
- Background Check + Offer Stage
- Welcome to the team, Homie💜🎉
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Homebase
At Homebase, we take pride in fostering a welcoming space where every Homie of every gender, age, orientation, culture and walk of life can be their full selves. Diverse perspectives empower us to build the best-in-class platform for small businesses and hourly shift workers. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, so if you think you’re close to what we’re looking for (even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications), we encourage you to apply!About Us
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Accommodations will be provided during the hiring process if needed. Please advise us of any accommodations needed within your application to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
**Interview Recording Notice
By participating in interviews with Homebase, you consent to the use of Metaview, a recording and transcription tool, during the interview process. Please be aware that all interviews may be recorded and transcribed for the purpose of evaluating candidates and ensuring the quality of our recruitment process. If you do not consent to being recorded, please inform the Talent Team at the beginning of the call, and appropriate arrangements will be made to accommodate your preference. Your privacy is important to us, and the recorded interviews will only be used for internal evaluation and assessment of candidates.