React Native Developer - Mobile Platform (Hybrid)
Hi, Future Homie!
As a Homie, you'll be part of an unstoppable team that puts customers first, embraces each day with excitement, and strives for excellence in everything you do. We’re revolutionizing the way small businesses manage their teams and grow their business. What this means for you is a shared passion for innovation and making a difference for the people we serve. So what do you say, will you join us on our mission to empower small businesses?
As a Homie, you are a bar raiser, which means you come with:
- 4+ years of React Native Engineering experience
- Expert in common React Native frameworks
- Strong experience of architect, build and maintain applications with clean code
- Ability to work with native modules when required
- In-depth knowledge of UI/UX designs and wireframes
- Familiar with Gradle, XCode, and other native build tools
- Knowledge of Jira, Git, Github, CircleCI and development using pull requests
- Remarkable analytical skills and a strong sense of urgency and ownership in your work
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering disciplines or equivalent required
As a Homie, you will make an impact by:
As a Senior React Native developer, you will design and implement software solutions that enhance the value of the Homebase software platform to impact the lives of our customers. You will play a prominent technical role in our engineering practice.
- Build a variety of React Native software applications and advance our existing software architecture - working in collaboration with Design and PM stakeholders
- Contribute to the evolution of our current engineering strategy and development process.
- Impact our software architecture by evaluating emerging and existing technologies, ensuring the scale of our technical approaches, and evangelizing these with the mobile feature teams
- Work without supervision and collaboratively spearhead specific feature development and mentor junior software engineers
What we offer our Homies:
- Stock Options - Everyone is an Owner!
- Comprehensive medical coverage for you and your eligible dependents - premiums 100% paid by Homebase!
- RRSP plan + 4% company match
- Employer supplemented Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Company-paid holidays and 20 days accrued PTO per year
- Continued learning and development stipend
- Paid parental leave
- Top-of-the-line equipment and stipend for workspace setup
- Work from home Monday, Thursday, & Friday
- Meals provided at our vibrant workspaces
- Team offsites and monthly opportunities to engage with fellow Homies
What to Expect During the Interview Process:**
- Meet the Talent Acquisition team
- Meet the Hiring Manager
- Participate in a Technical Interview
- Meet the Leadership team
- Professional Reference Checks
- Background Check + Offer Stage
- Welcome to the team, Homie💜🎉
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Homebase:
At Homebase, we take pride in fostering a welcoming space where every Homie of every gender, age, orientation, culture, and walk of life can be their full selves. Diverse perspectives empower us to build the best-in-class platform for small businesses and hourly shift workers. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, so if you think you’re close to what we’re looking for (even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications), we encourage you to apply!
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Accommodations will be provided during the hiring process if needed. Please advise us of any accommodations needed within your application to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
**Interview Recording Notice:
By participating in interviews with Homebase, you consent to the use of Metaview, a recording and transcription tool, during the interview process. Please be aware that all interviews may be recorded and transcribed for the purpose of evaluating candidates and ensuring the quality of our recruitment process. If you do not consent to being recorded, please inform the Talent Team at the beginning of the call, and appropriate arrangements will be made to accommodate your preference. Your privacy is important to us, and the recorded interviews will only be used for internal evaluation and assessment of candidates.