Product Sales Support Specialist, Payroll (Hybrid)
Hi, Future Homie!
As a Homie, you'll be part of an unstoppable team that puts customers first, embraces each day with excitement, and strives for excellence in everything you do. We’re revolutionizing the way small businesses manage their teams and grow their business. What this means for you is a shared passion for innovation and making a difference for the people we serve. So what do you say, will you join us on our mission to empower small businesses?
As a Homie, you are a bar raiser, this means you come with:
You’re a builder. You’re a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced and changing environment. You set big goals for yourself and work hard to accomplish them. You thrive in a performance-driven environment where your contributions are recognized. You are not afraid of ambiguity, have grit, and come to the table not to point out problems, but with solutions. You crave impact and are ready to build something unique and long-lasting.
As a Homie, you will make an impact by:
As a member of our Product Sales team, you’ll work closely with small business owners, to help them understand the features and benefits of our product and guide them to make the best decisions for their current needs.
You’ll practice consultative selling each day. You’ll discover customer needs, emerge as an expert advisor, and guide prospects to utilize our all-in-one solution for all their HR needs. You’ll engage with customers through a variety of channels; including phone, chat, email, and SMS, and help guide them through the buying journey to ultimately choose Homebase for their back-office needs. You’ll not only guide them to choose Homebase but help clients complete the payroll setup by gathering required information and helping them run their first payroll.
As a direct partner to Product and Marketing, your insights will inform how Homebase improves our product and processes. Your contributions will set us up to scale rapidly and build products to support the needs of local businesses.
- Primary responsibility is to monitor customers who are in the process of signing up for Homebase products, to provide assistance, and be sure they complete the process and select the best products/features for their business
- Handle a mix of inbound and outbound calls, as well as utilize chat/email/text to engage with customers and help answer their questions
- Manage a consistent flow of inbound opportunities, driving customers to run payroll and select the right Homebase plan for their business
- Gather data from the customer about their business, from basics like legal name and DBA name to FEIN and state tax information
- Provide customer training on the full suite of Homebase products, including walking them through our payroll product
- Partner with our product team to address and resolve any issues a customer may be facing during the setup phase
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a Sales, Customer Success, or Customer service environment, with a strong track record of success
- Strong outbound dialing habits and ability to create customer connections over the phone.
- Excellent communication skills across multiple channels (phone/email/chat/text/Slack)
- Extremely organized and can juggle dozens of projects simultaneously without missing details.
- A dedication to supporting local businesses and providing a positive customer experience
- Growth mindset; desire to build a career in sales and the drive to make it happen
- 2+ years of sales or customer success experience
- 1+ years of experience selling software as a service (SaaS)
- 1+ years of previous payroll experience
- Proven success in the SMB space
- You have a deep sense of ownership and sense of urgency around all the work you do
What We Offer
- Colorado only: This position has a base salary of $25 - $28 per hour and an uncapped commission plan, with a target commission opportunity of $13,000 - $15,000 per year. OTE $65,000 - $75,000
- Stock Options - Everyone is an Owner!
- 401(k) program + 4% company match
- Employer supplemented Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- 20 days of accrued PTO, annual paid holidays and paid volunteer time off
- Continued learning and development stipend
- Paid life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending account (FSA) options
- Top-of-the-line equipment and stipend for workspace setup
- Work from home Monday, Thursday, & Friday
- Meals provided at our vibrant work spaces
- Team offsites and monthly opportunities to engage with fellow Homies
What to Expect During the Interview Process:
- Meet the Talent Acquisition team with Alex V.
- Meet the Hiring Manager with Jon W.
- Meet the Leadership team with Rene E.
- Meet the Sales Leadership with Makayla L.
- Professional Reference Checks
- Background Check + Offer Stage
- Welcome to the team, Homie💜🎉
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Homebase
At Homebase, we take pride in fostering a welcoming space where every Homie of every gender, age, orientation, culture and walk of life can be their full selves. Diverse perspectives empower us to build the best-in-class platform for small businesses and hourly shift workers. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, so if you think you’re close to what we’re looking for (even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications), we encourage you to apply!
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Accommodations will be provided during the hiring process if needed. Please advise us of any accommodations needed within your application to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
**Interview Recording Notice
By participating in interviews with Homebase, you consent to the use of Metaview, a recording and transcription tool, during the interview process. Please be aware that all interviews may be recorded and transcribed for the purpose of evaluating candidates and ensuring the quality of our recruitment process. If you do not consent to being recorded, please inform the Talent Team at the beginning of the call, and appropriate arrangements will be made to accommodate your preference. Your privacy is important to us, and the recorded interviews will only be used for internal evaluation and assessment of candidates.