Full Stack Engineer (Hybrid)
Hi, Future Homie!
As a Homie, you'll be part of an unstoppable team that puts customers first, embraces each day with excitement, and strives for excellence in everything you do. We’re revolutionizing the way small businesses manage their teams and grow their business. What this means for you is a shared passion for innovation and making a difference for the people we serve.
At Homebase, we value not only your technical skills but also your passion, creativity, and drive to make a difference. We want you to feel at home, surrounded by like-minded individuals working together to achieve ambitious goals.
So what do you say, will you join us on our mission to empower small businesses?
As a Homie, you are a bar raiser, which means you come with:
- 5+ years of Software Development experience
- 3+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails and React.js preferred
- English Language Proficiency
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of SQL and data modeling for scalability and performance.
- Knowledge of Git, Github, and development using pull requests.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Able to compare various languages and frameworks objectively.
As a Software Developer, you will make an impact by:
Designing, building, and implementing incredible software solutions that enhance the value of the Homebase software platform to impact the lives of our customers. You will be a part of a passionate and dynamic community eager to take innovation to the next level.
- You’ll drive product engineering end-to-end for the web to deliver value to our customers.
- You will contribute to the evolution of our current engineering strategy and development process.
- You will have the opportunity to impact our software architecture by evaluating emerging and existing technologies
- You will work alone with little supervision and mentor junior software engineers
What to Expect During the Interview Process:
- Meet the hiring manager Justin N
- Live Coding Interview
- System Design Interview
- Meet the Talent Team with Ivana L
- Professional Reference Checks
- Background Check + Offer Stage
- Welcome to the team, Homie💜🎉
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Homebase:
At Homebase, we take pride in fostering a welcoming space where every Homie of every gender, age, orientation, culture and walk of life can be their full selves. Diverse perspectives empower us to build the best-in-class platform for small businesses and hourly shift workers. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, so if you think you’re close to what we’re looking for (even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications), we encourage you to apply!
Welcome to the exciting world of Homebase in Monterrey, Mexico! We are looking for passionate individuals like you to join our unstoppable team of developers. Can you imagine being one of the first members of this adventure?
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
Concerned about working in a fully remote company? Don't worry, we have big plans for you! Our goal is to create a hybrid team that will work together two days a week in the San Pedro area of Monterrey. Just imagine the opportunities to learn and grow, both personally and professionally, while collaborating with exceptional colleagues in an inspiring space.
So, if you're ready to join an exciting adventure and make an impact in the world of technology, now is the perfect time to become part of our team in Monterrey! Apply today and be a part of the future we are building together at Homebase!
**Interview Recording Notice:
By participating in interviews with Homebase, you consent to the use of Metaview, a recording and transcription tool, during the interview process. Please be aware that all interviews may be recorded and transcribed for the purpose of evaluating candidates and ensuring the quality of our recruitment process. If you do not consent to being recorded, please inform the Talent Team at the beginning of the call, and appropriate arrangements will be made to accommodate your preference. Your privacy is important to us, and the recorded interviews will only be used for internal evaluation and assessment of candidates.