Project Lead, SaaS Payroll Onboarding (Hybrid)
Hi, Future Homie!
As a Homie, you'll be part of an unstoppable team that puts customers first, embraces each day with excitement, and strives for excellence in everything you do. We’re revolutionizing the way small businesses manage their teams and grow their business. What this means for you is a shared passion for innovation and making a difference for the people we serve. So what do you say, will you join us on our mission to empower small businesses?
Who You Are:
You are passionate about working with small businesses and contributing to their success. You love all of the nuances that make payroll complicated, and you love making payroll easy and accessible to businesses. You are not afraid of ambiguity, have grit, and come to the table not to point out problems, but with solutions. You are not afraid to pick up the phone and call a customer when they are not responsive over email. You crave impact and you want to help build something amazing and long lasting in a casual and collaborative work culture.
The Payroll Onboarding Project Lead is responsible for getting our customers up and running with Homebase Payroll. You will work with small businesses to understand their payroll needs, and work closely with sales to gather required information to ensure an accurate and compliant implementation. You will own the onboarding process. You will own this process from start to finish including helping the customer run their first payroll with Homebase. You will work in tandem with an Onboarding Implementation Specialist who will be responsible for the technical tasks along with YTD and Demographic loads.
Onboarding at a glance:
- By 30 Days - Learn all of our internal systems, processes, and start taking on actual onboarding work.
- By 60 Days - Start demonstrating a deeper understanding of the process, and will be approaching full capacity.
- By 90 Days - Be a full contributing member of the Payroll Operations team, making a real impact in the every-day lives of our customers.
Along the way you’ll deliver feedback to product teams to improve Homebase payroll, coach internal teams on how to better gather customer information, and work closely with operations leadership to improve the payroll implementation process.
Why We Need You:
- Help our customers transitioning from an existing provider get set-up with Homebase Payroll while adhering to project timelines. You will be the front facing client contact and responsible for communication with the client throughout the implementation process. You will work in tandem with the Implementation Consultant who will work on the backend / technical side of the implementation
- Gather data from the customer about their business, from basics like legal name and DBA name, to employee demographic information, and YTD payroll information from their former provider
- Partner with our sales team to address and resolve any implementation issues that require customer follow-up
- Provide customer training on the Homebase payroll system
- Investigate, problem solve, research and provide resolutions to customer payroll questions and issues
- Partner with Homebase product team to improve customer-facing product functionality and internal implementation tooling
- Administrative Work- Updating Zoho (our CRM tool) to ensure accuracy of notes and information
- Ability to collaborate in office weekly on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Experience & Attributes You Bring:
- SaaS Implementation experience
- Intermediate Payroll experience required. Advanced Payroll experience preferred
- Client-facing experience. Deep empathy and willingness to go above and beyond for the customer
- You excel in Excel and are comfortable with large data sets
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment where processes and products change often
- High attention to detail and strong organizational habits
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in problem-solving, dealing with ambiguity, and cross-team communication
- Self-motivated and comfortable working collaboratively and autonomously - excited about striving toward team and individual metrics
- You have a deep sense of ownership and sense of urgency around all the work you do
- You love complex systems with rules that vary from state-to-state and even town-to-town
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment
- Good computer skills. Experience with CRMs, phone systems and troubleshooting
- You set high standards for yourself and have exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and growing organization
- Attention to detail - You’re the kind of person who reads the whole job description, understands we do not expect 100% of applicants to possess every single skill, and know that our favorite color is purple. You believe in your ability to learn, adapt, and grow upon your professional foundation. We gauge the total value a candidate will bring to our organization.
What We Offer You:
- Stock Options - Everyone is an Owner!
- 401(k) program + 4% company match
- Employer supplemented Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- 20 days of accrued PTO, annual paid holidays and paid volunteer time off
- Continued learning and development stipend
- Paid life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending account (FSA) options
- Top-of-the-line equipment and stipend for workspace setup
- Work from home Monday, Thursday, & Friday
- Meals provided at our vibrant work spaces
- Team offsites and monthly opportunities to engage with fellow Homies
What to Expect During the Interview Process:
Meet the Talent Acquisition team, Shaun Moten
Meet the Hiring Manager, Scott Leitner
Meet the Leadership team, Ben Markowitz
Professional Reference Checks
Background Check + Offer Stage
Welcome to the team, Homie💜🎉
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Homebase
At Homebase, we take pride in fostering a welcoming space where every Homie of every gender, age, orientation, culture and walk of life can be their full selves. Diverse perspectives empower us to build the best-in-class platform for small businesses and hourly shift workers. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, so if you think you’re close to what we’re looking for (even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications), we encourage you to apply!
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Accommodations will be provided during the hiring process if needed. Please advise us of any accommodations needed within your application to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
Something looks off?