Software Integration Engineer
As a Software Integration Lead Engineer, the ideal candidate will work closely with software development, project manager, project technical lead, vendors, and customers.
FlexGen is a leading energy storage solutions (ESS) technology company based in North America. The company's storage platform integrates with the physical ESS and all levels of utility and microgrid projects as well as providing remote operational support and use configuration analysis enabling clients to effectively manage energy production. Leveraging a best-in-class energy management software and power electronics platform, and backed by Apollo Global Management, Altira Group, and the Jerry Miller Group, FlexGen delivers innovative energy storage solutions for commercially demanding utilities, government agencies, and industrial companies throughout the world
- Lead the SW integration to configure, validate and test the FlexGen EMS software with variable ESS equipment assets, to comply with ISOs standard and customer requirements.
- Review the software design and feature release, to ensure the software standard unit test is performed before releasing to integration team.
- Understand and drive the high-level design for the software configuration with different renewable assets (battery, PCS, solar and SEL devices).
- Collect the ESS software requirement from end customers, ISOs, and utilities.
- Configure the Modbus and renewable site/blocks using Python or other software scripts.
- Generate the 100% coverage test validation plan to validate the software maturity and reliability, via automated virtual platform and lab testing.
- Release the integrated software after validation and generate/support the documents for site commissioning.
- Perform the regression test after software bug fixing, and release to field commissioning.
- Travel to vendor, customer and project sites, both international and domestic (<30%).
- If you are an independent thinker who thrives in dynamic work environments, then FlexGen’s culture may be a good fit for you.
- Minimum of BS degree in engineering or related technical field.
- Minimum of six (6) years of work experience as an engineer or technical project manager.
- Experience with one of the following:
- Software validation and testing related to embedded software, python, and C programming.
- Renewable/Industrial assets such as batteries, power converters, SEL relays, UPS, motor drives, and other industrial communication protocols.
- Understand energy storage system firmware/software, or similar software for power converters, renewable energy and power generations.
- Familiar with Modbus configuration, Python script and write configurations in the Linux system or .json files.
- Strong project management skills with a focus on effective communication and delivery of relevant information to various stakeholders.
- This position may require travel around 25% based on the commissioning schedule.
FlexGen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FlexGen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FlexGen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
To the extent permitted by law, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
Something looks off?