Senior Application Engineer
FlexGen is currently searching for a Senior Applications Engineer to work with our business development group and our Systems Engineering team to support the project development, pre-sale and engineering services in for energy storage system solutions. The right individual will take ownership of the technical definition and development of energy storage system solutions using the FlexGen platforms in the pre-sale and sales phases of the project. This person will also provide expertise and guidance for the energy storage systems (ESS) operations, control, management, and performance monitoring.
FlexGen is a leading energy storage solutions (ESS) technology company based in North America. The company's storage platform integrates with the physical ESS and all levels of utility and microgrid projects as well as providing remote operational support and use configuration analysis enabling clients to effectively manage energy production. Leveraging a best-in-class energy management software and power electronics platform, and backed by Apollo Global Management, Altira Group, and the Jerry Miller Group, FlexGen delivers innovative energy storage solutions for commercially demanding utilities, government agencies, and industrial companies throughout the world
- Lead the ESS preliminary system design, system guidance, and over-all power system operation to ensure that all site requirements are met.
- Interface with ESS customer as BESS technology provider to support on the system design, interconnection support, and specific interface requirements for the C&I market.
- Assist with strategic opportunity identification with business development group
- Be a part of the estimation process for all ESS projects
- Support the contract process from negotiation to definitive contract
- Produce SLDs that accurately describe the overall EPS
- A BSEE or BSME. An associate degree in engineering or similar experience will be considered
- 5 years or more industry experience in a similar position.
- In depth understanding of UL and IEEE requirements that are applicable in the energy storage system industry
- Overall detailed understanding of the operation of power conditioning systems and battery energy storage systems – 100kW to 2MW/250kWh to 2MWh capacity, including transformers.
- A valid driver's license and willingness to travel
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with active listening and customer service skills
- The ability to deal with multiple requests without being overwhelmed
- The ability to remain professional under pressure
- The ability to pass a background and toxicology screen
FlexGen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FlexGen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FlexGen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
To the extent permitted by law, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
Something looks off?