Field Service Technician
As a Field Service Technician, the candidate will troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and retrofit battery energy storage systems. This role will work with cross functional teams including hardware, software, and operations to maximize uptime of FlexGen’s energy storage deployments. This role reports to the Aftermarket Services Manager.
FlexGen is a leading energy storage solutions (ESS) technology company based in North America. The company's storage platform integrates with the physical ESS and all levels of utility and microgrid projects as well as providing remote operational support and use configuration analysis enabling clients to effectively manage energy production. Leveraging a best-in-class energy management software and power electronics platform, and backed by Apollo Global Management, Altira Group, and the Jerry Miller Group, FlexGen delivers innovative energy storage solutions for commercially demanding utilities, government agencies, and industrial companies throughout the world
- Troubleshooting and repairing issues with battery energy storage systems and their associated equipment
- Develop various documentation including checklists, procedures, best practice guides, and safety documents
- Updating drawings and project documentation
- Coordinate with third party vendors and suppliers (spare parts acquisition, manual updates, software updates)
- Coordinate with internal teams to update and test new software releases on sites
- Creating and tracking work orders in the CMMS system
- Directly contribute to continuous product improvement by directly engaging with end users and delivering feedback to engineering team
- Minimum of BS degree in engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience troubleshooting or commissioning battery energy storage systems and their associated equipment (Inverters, Transformers, and other Balance of Plant Equipment)
- Experience with troubleshooting industrial communications (Modbus, CAN bus) and the tools used for troubleshooting communications issues (Wireshark, Qmodmaster, etc.)
- Experience with 2d drawing and markup tools (AutoCad / Bluebeam Revu)
- A track record of demonstrating a sense of urgency and a history of taking ownership of tasks/responsibilities
- Ability to effectively communicate in formal and informal settings, both internal and customer-related
- Exceptional customer service and conflict resolution skills
- Electrical Safety and Arc Flash training
- Ability to travel 60-80% with limited notice
FlexGen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FlexGen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FlexGen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
To the extent permitted by law, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
Something looks off?