Field Project Engineer
FlexGen is currently searching for a Field Project Engineer who will be responsible for meeting the daily service, installation and maintenance needs of Energy Storage Systems (ESS) across the country. The engineer will repair faults, service communication equipment and assist the remote team in troubleshooting. The individual will maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers as well as performing necessary administrative duties as required and other duties as assigned.
FlexGen is a leading energy storage solutions (ESS) technology company based in North America. The company's storage platform integrates with the physical ESS and all levels of utility and microgrid projects as well as providing remote operational support and use configuration analysis enabling clients to effectively manage energy production. Leveraging a best-in-class energy management software and power electronics platform, and backed by Apollo Global Management, Altira Group, and the Jerry Miller Group, FlexGen delivers innovative energy storage solutions for commercially demanding utilities, government agencies, and industrial companies throughout the world
- Use various strategies and tools to provide effective solutions to customers' concerns
- Communicating with clients, vendors, engineers, software developers and other technicians to ensure that services are delivered effectively
- Promptly following up on service requests and provide customer and manager feedback
- Monitoring equipment and machinery performance and developing preventative maintenance measures
- Conducting quality assurance and safety checks on all equipment
- Delivering demonstrations to ensure that customers are educated on safe and effective equipment use
- Providing recommendations about new features and product improvements
- An associate' degree in engineering or similar experience
- A relevant certificate or license is advantageous
- A valid driver's license and willingness to travel
- Excellent active listening and customer service skills
- The ability to deal with multiple requests without being overwhelmed
- The ability to remain professional under pressure
- The ability to pass a background and toxicology screen
FlexGen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FlexGen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FlexGen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
To the extent permitted by law, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
Something looks off?