Director of Lifecycle Operations
FlexGen is looking for a Director of Lifecycle Operations to be on the front line and lead the Lifecycle Services Team operations for our energy storage customers. This role will focus on delivering reliability for our customers’ energy storage assets while ensuring FlexGen’s profitability.
As the Director of Lifecycle Operations, you will be responsible for developing and executing an operational / service strategy in order to provide best-in-class service and maximum availability for FlexGen’s battery storage customers. You will be the main counterpart of our long-term customers and will have an excellent understanding of our lifecycle agreements, including the commercial, technical, and legal terms, ensuring our customers’ safe and reliable operation, profitability, and satisfaction. You will supervise the Lifecycle Team’s Remote Monitoring, Asset Management, and Field Service Dispatch departments as they monitor and support sites, provide data and analytics, and perform and supervise various field services related to customer’s battery storage installations. You will work collaboratively to partner with sales, commissioning, engineering, and software groups to help grow revenue, solidify the performance and reliability of FlexGen technology, and ensure FlexGen profitability.
FlexGen is a leading energy storage solutions (ESS) technology company based in North America. The company's storage platform integrates with the physical ESS and all levels of utility and microgrid projects as well as provides remote operational support and use configuration analysis enabling clients to effectively manage energy production. Leveraging a best-in-class energy management software and power electronics platform, and backed by Apollo Global Management, Vitol, Altira Group, and the Jerry Miller Group, FlexGen delivers innovative energy storage solutions for commercially demanding utilities, government agencies, and industrial companies throughout the world.
This position is located in FlexGen's Durham, NC office.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Projecting the FlexGen image to our customers, and partners, developing a productive and reliable service team, and moving that service team to increased efficiency
- Uses knowledge of customer needs, service processes, and FlexGen products to drive continuous improvements and maximum system availability
- Able to challenge the status quo in a constructive manner in order to evolve and improve the Lifecycle organization as a whole
- Removes barriers to success for the team
- Drives culture focused on safety, integrity, and compliance
- Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of FlexGen’s battery solutions, key performance requirements, servicing protocol, and current performance trends
- Provides support to FlexGen’s commercial team in the process of defining scope and contracting with new customers and managing the customer’s assets after signing
- Provides managerial decisions on all issues affecting the Lifecycle Teams, including, but not limited to, staffing, goal setting, performance management, training support, and assignment of projects and tasks
- Assures that customers are properly trained in the operation of FlexGen Equipment
- Minimum of BS degree in engineering or related technical field
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience in a similar role or industry with 24-7 business operations/monitoring and service experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in supervisory or management roles
- Experience with negotiation and interpretation of long-term service contracts
- Exceptional customer service and conflict resolution skills
- Experience with CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management) Tools. (Salesforce Service Cloud)
- Experience with various monitoring/analytics / SCADA tools
- Knowledge of NERC / CIP compliance
- Prior customer service/support roles
- Experience with contracting and managing 3rd party service providers
- Experience with renewable energy (solar, wind, and battery), industrial communications, and the building blocks/equipment associated
- Familiar with electrical single line diagrams, mechanical drawings, and network diagrams
- A track record of demonstrating a sense of urgency and a history of taking ownership of tasks/responsibilities
- Ability to effectively communicate in formal and informal settings, both internal and customer related
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Sales, Services, Procurement, and Software teams
FlexGen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FlexGen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FlexGen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
To the extent permitted by law, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
Something looks off?