Corporate Strategy Analyst
FlexGen Power Systems
Under direction of the Chief Commercial Officer, the Strategy Analyst will play a vital role in building out a rapidly growing finance team, with the opportunity to work across all aspects of sourcing and executing a wide range of complex M&A, Equity and Debt transactions. This position is responsible for preparing complex financial analyses, models and performing company valuations as it pertains to FlexGen. The right person will be participating in the due diligence and business development process for prospective investment companies and banking relationships.
Energy storage represents a multibillion-dollar market at the center of the energy transition. The integration of energy storage requires software and technological solutions that play a critical role in the adoption of renewables at scale—offsetting the intermittency and reliability challenges that renewable power generation creates for the grid. Since its founding in 2009, FlexGen has supported deployments of more than 1.2 GWh of energy storage systems across the U.S. and internationally for utility, microgrid, and C&I customers. The Company’s proprietary software platform allows energy storage owners to deploy various power market strategies and combine storage solutions with any form of generation.
FlexGen is dedicated to providing best-in-class service and performance for its customers, seeking to ensure safety, reliability and resiliency in all operating environments. FlexGen supports the customer across the full journey of developing an energy storage project, and leverages decades of engineering and software expertise to maximize value that its customers ultimately receive. The company’s HybridOS solutions include six distinct energy management solution applications including: DigitalTwin, FlexPack, SiteController, FleetManager, PowerCloud and FlexBidr.
Backed by a world-class group of investors including: founding investors Jerry Miller and Mark Dreyfus, legacy investors GE Venture and Caterpillar Ventures, an initial equity investment by venture capital firm Altria Group, a Series B led by Apollo Global Management, and a Series C led by Swiss investment firm Vitol with participation from all existing investors, FlexGen is poised to grow substantially and quite rapidly.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Design and maintain corporate business models
- Prepare reports and presentation materials in relation to the day-to-day operations of FlexGen
- Create and assemble presentations, pitchbooks/proposals, and other investment presentations
- Interact closely with leaders, investors, and financial institutions on due diligence requests
- Work with executive team to secure financial transaction engagement
- Facilitate relationships with internal teams to gain insights and continue to build best-in-class financial models
- Act as point person for documentation reviews with various legal groups
- Support cross-functional strategic projects
- Develop deep knowledge of the overall energy storage industry
- At least 2 years of investment banking, consulting or mergers and acquisitions
- Associate level candidates: At least 3 years of investment banking/sell-side M&A experience or MBA and 1+ years of investment banking / sell-side M&A experience
- Prior experience with financial statements and a thorough understanding of cash flow and valuation
- Significant experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Capital IQ / PitchBook
- Experience with or willingness to learn Power BI, Power Automate, SQL, and/or Power Pivot a plus
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university with an emphasis in Business, Finance, Engineering, Marketing, Computer Science, and/or other technology related discipline; or at least five years applicable experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
FlexGen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FlexGen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FlexGen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
To the extent permitted by law, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.