Project Engineer, Pre-Construction (Wind)
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2023
ConnectGen is seeking a Project Engineer, Pre-Construction to join our dynamic team and support the Company’s growing utility-scale wind, solar and energy storage projects across the U.S. The Project Engineer, Pre-Construction will be responsible for provide engineering and technical services to the Company’s wind energy projects, with an initial focus on the late-stage development through pre-construction phase. This role reports to the Pre-Construction Manager and is part of ConnectGen’s EPC group.
- Support technical deliverables for the development of renewable projects, including but not limited to: preliminary project site designs, resource assessment strategy and production estimates, technical input to project schedules, project cost estimates, and preliminary engineering to support permitting, interconnection and procurement
- Develop and support innovative tools and approaches to optimize levelized cost of energy
- Evaluate technologies and manufacturers for capital and operational efficiencies
- Review and comment on engineering and technical deliverables including drawings, designs, reports, and other data
- Work closely with project team on project schedules and budgets, stakeholder communication, constructability reviews, risk management, and change management of assigned projects
- Assist with the creation of specifications for major equipment/contractor procurement and provide technical support through the procurement process
- Serve as a general technical resource for project development team, including assisting in identifying solutions to technical challenges that arise during project development
- Provide engineering and technical support to the construction and operations teams as required
- Strong inter-disciplinary communication skills
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of software including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Familiar with use of Google Earth and/or GIS software
- High motivation and passion to help create and efficiently deliver renewable energy projects, with a focus on wind projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to work in a project-type environment with tight deadlines and concurrent deliverables
- Ability to learn, understand and communicate technical issues effectively to lay audiences
- Highly organized with a strong ability to multitask
- Ability to work with minimum information and quickly develop an understanding of a project using the available resources
- Ability to manage and problem-solve complex technical and commercial issues
- Ability to travel within North America by land or air, sometimes on short notice, and to visit prospective and active job sites (approximately 25% travel required)
- Proficient in the English language
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, construction management, or a related field, or an equivalent blend of relevant professional training and experience
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in renewable energy a plus
- Experience in engineering and/or construction of wind energy facilities a plus
- Experience as a field engineer on wind energy facilities a plus
ConnectGen is an independent renewable energy company founded in 2018 focused on developing high quality wind, solar and energy storage projects across North America. Based in Houston, Texas, our experienced team has developed, built and operated thousands of megawatts across North America. ConnectGen is backed by Quantum Energy Partners, a leading provider of private equity capital to the global energy industry, having managed together with its affiliates more than $18 billion in equity commitments since inception.
ConnectGen offers an attractive total rewards package including competitive pay, annual bonus, long term incentives, health and welfare benefits, generous time off, paid holidays, flexible work and more! We have a strong commitment to fostering a culture of support, entrepreneurship, innovation, problem-solving, professional development and growth in a collaborative, team-oriented environment focused on projects that will impact the future of power generation infrastructure.
See more open positions at ConnectGen
Something looks off?