Senior Consultant - Capital Markets Regulatory PM
About the team:
Capital Markets is part of Capco’s DNA. In fact, the Capco name was inspired by this domain. The Capital Markets team delivers expert consulting skills and deep product and functional knowledge across all areas of the front office, operations, technology, risk, finance and compliance. Our clients include the largest investment banks, global universal banks and capital markets divisions from regional banks across the country and around the globe.
Our delivery expertise spans across launching new lines of business, coordinating high-impact regulatory response programs, leading complex integration projects and analyzing the dependencies in an application rationalization effort. We have a consistent track record in helping clients with significant cost reductions and ensuring our clients grow, change and compete.’
About the Job:
As a Senior Consultant on the Capital Markets Team, you will work in a fast-paced team setting, alongside industry experts.
In this role, you will become an expert in cross-functional, end-to-end delivery that spans multiple products. In this role, you will provide BA/PM support to gather and document requirements from business team members and ensure project team is adhering to project plans while mobilizing stakeholders to achieve project milestones, performing test checkouts and create necessary artefacts and documentation for review by regulators.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Provide PM support and portfolio level oversight to progress multiple high priority regulatory projects within Legal & Compliance team (NFA Exams, Internal Audit, CFTC Requirements, SEC Securities Based Swaps and various US regulatory obligations)
- Understand client's challenges and issues; document resolution options and go forward plans
- Effectively serve as liaison between compliance, regulatory reporting and the technology management team
- Partner with Capco peers to align on stakeholder communication, resolve conflicts and manage risk, issue and dependency escalations
- Conduct detailed analyses to draw conclusions, and develop pertinent and insightful recommendations for senior level clients
- Provide key input on initiative progress to Legal and Compliance leadership and influence leadership’s communication to senior level steering committee and to regulators
- Develop and distribute project(s) status and necessary metrics to working groups and senior steering committees
- Vendor relationship management
What you’ll bring with You:
- 4+ years' experience in capital markets specifically within the regulatory space
- 3+ years' experience in project management with proven skills in senior stakeholder management
- Knowledge of US regulations and OTC derivatives and securities transactions to facilitate rule interpretations and drive issue remediation while ensuring effective stakeholder communication
- Exposure to multiple project management methodologies including, but not limited to Agile and Waterfall, and an understanding of product development lifecycle
- Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.)
- Attention to detail on internal and external documents
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise and influence a range of stakeholders across multiple business units
- Bachelor's degree required
A career at Capco is a chance to help reshape the competitive landscape in financial services. We launch new banks, transform existing ones, and help our clients navigate complex change. As consultants, we work on the front-end business design all the way through to technology implementation.
We are the largest Financial Services focused consultancy in the world, serving everyone from global banks to emerging FinTechs, from strategy through digital transformation, design, business consulting, data and analytics, cyber, cloud, technology architecture, and engineering.
Capco is a young and growing firm. We maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and growth mindset, and have minimal bureaucracy. We have no internal silos that get in the way of your career opportunities or ability to focus on our clients and make a difference to the business. We offer the opportunity for everyone to learn rapidly, take on tough challenges, and get promoted quickly. We take pride in our creative, collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture, where everyone can #BYAW.
We offer highly competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a work culture focused on innovation and creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.
Ready to take the Next Step ?
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. This is an opportunity to make a difference and contribute to a highly successful company with a significant growth trajectory.