Texas Capco Summer Internship Program - Summer 2024
Capco’s Summer Internship Program (SIP)
LOCATION: Dallas | Houston
Internship will be hybrid (both in-person and remote). Please be located near one of the home offices listed above.
Why is Capco for you?
Are you self-motivated and solution-oriented? Can you excel in a fast-paced and dynamic environment? Are you excited about taking on new challenges, making impactful changes, and becoming exposed to new clients, business issues, technologies, and people?
We are seeking talented individuals who are quick on their feet and who can offer a unique perspective to the Capco team and to our clients. Here at Capco, we are defined by innovative development and provide you with the opportunity to help solve significant business issues and transform operations for some of the world’s largest companies during a period of sweeping industry change.
Capco is a global technology and management consultancy specializing in driving digital transformation in the Financial Services, Energy and Insurance industries. With a growing client portfolio comprising of over 100 global organizations, Capco operates at the intersection of business and technology by combining innovative thinking with unrivalled industry knowledge to fast-track digital initiatives for banking and payments, capital markets, wealth and asset management, insurance, and the energy sector. Capco’s cutting-edge ingenuity is brought to life through its Innovation Labs, and award-winning Be Yourself At Work culture and diverse talent.
What does our Summer Internship Program offer you?
Our Summer Internship Program is designed for students graduating in Winter 2024 or Spring 2025 (Rising Seniors ONLY). The first week will consist of orientation, developmental training and client preparation to ensure that you have the tools, resources, skills and background to hit the ground running on a client project. Our 9-week program with real-life client experience provides you with a strong foundation of consulting methodologies, personal brand development, and client strategy on which to build a career within the Capco family.
You will be assigned to a specific client engagement under a Capco Project Manager. This will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop an understanding of our clients’ business challenges and how we approach engagements to help them overcome these challenges
- Conduct structured data gathering, research, and analysis while evaluating processes to provide relevant recommendations for enhancing current operations
- Prepare, facilitate, document, and participate in client meetings and workshops
- Create high quality presentations and reports to effectively communicate project findings
- Participate in the development of new market opportunities that will expand our business, the Capco brand, and our global reach
- Digital Transformation Initiative: Interact with a team of broad skillsets to build out an omnichannel wrapper over a core system,engaging with a team of Designers, Business Analysts, front-end (Angular), back-end (Java), and Mobile(Android/iOS) Engineers to build out capabilities that enhance and expand the base functionality of a core banking system.
- New Product Launch: Work across entities to launch a new checking account product for a specific customer base by implementing new technology leveraging marketing strategies including a banner ad and e-mail campaign, and assisting with operational readiness activities (e.g. process flows, procedures, communications and compliance approvals).
- Information Lifecycle Management Project: Work to implement changes in existing processes of an electric utility company to improve information lifecycle management in several facets: data portfolio, data lineage, data quality and data governance.
- Corporate Risk Project: Learn to address and document the closure of agreed regulatory deliverables and support the close-out of regulatory issues by completing a review of artifacts documenting close-out activities.
- Cybersecurity Risk Assessment: Collaborate with teams across Technology and Operations to identify cyber and information security risks and assess the strength and effectiveness of the controls designed to defend the client from these risks. Develop frameworks and assessment methodologies to evaluate and govern cyber and information risk while simultaneously building stronger defense mechanisms through multi-layered capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (Business, Finance, Technology or related major, or a demonstrated interest in business, finance, and/or technology)
- Must be graduating in the Winter of 2024 or Summer of 2025, Rising Seniors ONLY
- Must have a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA from an accredited college or university
- Ability to communicate and collaborate within cross-disciplined teams
- Strong skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States (US Citizens or Permanent Residents ONLY)
Interns will be compensated.