Data Science Manager
Data Science Manager
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector.
We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
What we’re looking for:
Our capability is going through a period of exciting growth and as a result we are searching for a Data Science Manager. This position would suit either a technical Data Science Lead looking for their next step, a Senior Data Scientist interested in moving from an individual contributor role into a leadership position.
The principal data scientist should be experienced in using statistical, algorithmic, mining and/or visualisation techniques to address complex business problems and have demonstrable experience using data science and machine learning to see beyond the numbers.
The successful candidate will lead teams and be involved in all elements of technical delivery, from design to deployment. They will drive relationships with key clients, ensuring delivery of ongoing projects, as well as working to identify new commercial opportunities, taking pride in your ability to clearly articulate complex data strategies to non-technical stakeholders.
- Understanding business challenges and creating valuable actionable insights
- Performing analysis using statistical and ML methods for predictive analytics, classification, clustering and regression.
- Owning end to end responsibility of design, development & operationalisation of machine learning solutions at scale
- Establishing credibility across stakeholders by providing expert guidance on data science use cases and methodologies to execute
Analytics, modelling or software development experience including coding/software development skills. In particular:
- Hands-on experience in building and implementing data science and machine learning solutions to tackle business problems
- Experience with Python, ML libraries (e.g. spaCy, NumPy, SciPy, Transformers, etc.), big data tools and technologies (Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Redshift, SQL), and toolkits for ML and deep learning (SparkML, Tensorflow, Keras)
- Strong communication skills & ability to translate complex solutions into business implications and at the same time being able to explain mathematical process when required
- Experience of working in cloud environments (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Experience in working & collaborating with variety of stakeholders & clients throughout data science project lifecycle
You are also expected to have:
- Higher level degree (MsC/PhD) in a numerate discipline.
- Banking and/or Financial Services experience.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Able to articulate complex data science concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience deploying machine learning models and systems to production (DevOps, MLOps, CI/CD)
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and building lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
- Enhanced and competitive family friendly benefits, including maternity / adoption / shared parental leave and paid leave for sickness, pregnancy loss, fertility treatment, menopause and bereavement