Consultant - Capital Markets
About the team:
Capital Markets is part of Capco’s DNA. In fact, the Capco name was inspired by this domain. The Capital Markets team delivers expert consulting skills and deep product and functional knowledge across all areas of the front office, operations, technology, risk, finance and compliance. Our clients include the largest investment banks, global universal banks and capital markets divisions from regional banks across the country and around the globe.
Our delivery expertise spans across launching new lines of business, coordinating high-impact regulatory response programs, leading complex integration projects and analyzing the dependencies in an application rationalization effort. We have a consistent track record in helping clients with significant cost reductions and ensuring our clients grow, change and compete.
About the Job:
As a Consultant on the Capco team, you will work in a fast-paced team setting, alongside industry experts. You will become an expert in cross-functional, end-to-end delivery that spans multiple products. Our people are client facing leaders who combine industry expertise with core consulting skills, such as problem statement framing, root cause analysis, client facilitation and the ability to interface with multiple personality types. You will leverage your learnings and consulting expertise to better understand how to help advance our clients’ progress towards meeting their evolving needs.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Develop and leverage understanding of trade lifecycle and regulatory reporting obligations
- Support risk identification and mitigation by implementing process controls & frameworks
- Conduct detailed analyses to draw conclusions, and develop pertinent and insightful recommendations
- Facilitate client interviews, client meetings and large workshops
- Support all stages of complex and large-scale solution development lifecycle
- Utilize cutting edge project management tool kits and methodologies to deliver change initiatives
- Support business and technology transformational change initiatives
What you’ll bring with You:
- 1.5+ years of experience in a financial services organization, or consulting firm with a clear record of expertise, accomplishment, and impact
- Proven record of success in project delivery
- Solid experience with Agile methodologies, ideally with experience using tools such as MS Project, JIRA and Confluence
- Strong ability to work well in cross-functional teams, including the ability to engage with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience advising and delivering change projects as part of a long-term strategic partnership with leading financial institutions
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise and influence a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree
A career at Capco is a chance to help reshape the competitive landscape in financial services. We launch new banks, transform existing ones, and help our clients navigate complex change. As consultants, we work on the front-end business design all the way through to technology implementation.
We are the largest Financial Services focused consultancy in the world, serving everyone from global banks to emerging FinTechs, from strategy through digital transformation, design, business consulting, data and analytics, cyber, cloud, technology architecture, and engineering.
Capco is a young and growing firm. We maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and growth mindset and have minimal bureaucracy. We have no internal silos that get in the way of your career opportunities or ability to focus on our clients and make a difference to the business. We offer the opportunity for everyone to learn rapidly, take on tough challenges, and get promoted quickly. We take pride in our creative, collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture, where everyone can #BYAW.
We offer highly competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a work culture focused on innovation and creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.
Ready to take the Next Step
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. This is an opportunity to make a difference and contribute to a highly successful company with a significant growth trajectory.
The estimated salary range for this position in NY is 87k – 105k plus potential bonus and benefits.