Data Strategy and Transformation Consultant
Data Strategy and Transformation Consultant
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Expertise in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offerings, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- A commitment to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- A focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
- Supporting the definition of the client’s data strategy, including its vision, objectives, and key results (OKRs)
- Providing a clear and impartial assessment of client data capability levels through capability assessment / maturity models
- Facilitating interviews and workshops to identify client pain points and their root causes, and linking these to data capabilities (e.g. Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Architecture)
- Collating inputs to develop the data strategy business case, and developing strategic roadmaps
- Reviewing existing client data processes, tooling, and governance, and providing recommendations to improve their effectiveness
- Supporting the definition of the client’s data Target Operating Model (TOM), including design of processes, roles & responsibilities, and governance to sustain the data strategy in BAU
- Supporting the definition of data policies, standards and guidelines
- Assisting with data architecture reviews by advising on data management solutions
- Identifying and researching business development opportunities on new or existing clients and aiding the development of client proposals and bids
- Contributing to internal / external-facing discussion in your field
- Developing data methodologies and accelerators to enhance Capco’s delivery capability
- Supporting training of Capco resources in data methodologies
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Data Strategy and / or Data Management
- A strong understanding of Data Strategy, Data Management, and Data Analytics principles, and one or more of several common Data Management methodologies and capability models (e.g. DAMA DMBOK, DCAM, CDMC) and toolsets
- Experience in facilitating maturity assessments, eliciting & understanding client strategic objectives, pain points, and requirements, and providing actionable recommendations
- Experience supporting the definition of data strategies, business cases and roadmaps
- Experience in documenting current-state processes, roles & responsibilities and governance structures, and designing their target-state
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with strong experience and comfort working autonomously and in team environments
- Strong experience in simplifying complex concepts, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, including in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Experience working in demanding project environments, with a high level of commitment and drive, including whilst under pressure and in ambiguous circumstances
- Consulting experience at a top-tier consultancy, or a similar internal change / transformation role within a leading Financial Services organisation
- A background in Financial Services (e.g. banking, insurance, investment management)
- Hands-on experience in data management tooling (e.g. Collibra, Solidatus, Talend, Ataccama) and data analytics implementation (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, QlikView or Sense)
- A strong understanding of the difficulties, opportunities and regulations (e.g. ESG, LIBOR, BCBS-239, CCAR, GDPR, Consumer Duty) facing the Financial Services industry
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry best-practices within data management and analytics
- Formal certification in data management methodologies or capability models
- Experience managing small projects and teams
Why Join Capco?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and building lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
- Enhanced and competitive family friendly benefits, including maternity / adoption / shared parental leave and paid leave for sickness, pregnancy loss, fertility treatment, menopause and bereavement
Something looks off?