Azure Consultant - Cloud Professional Services
We’re an award-winning innovative tech consultancy - a team of creative problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better, more sustainable ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
In the last 30 years we won several awards, including a prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category for our Enterprise Agile delivery approach.
Operating from 26 locations across the world, we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
We want to continue to grow our team with people just like you!
About the Role
Are you passionate about helping clients solve their business problems using the cloud? Are you enthusiastic about developing solutions that will shape the future of how enterprises consume cloud services?
We’re looking for talented Consultants who want to take the next step in their career and join our Cloud Professional Services team.
The BJSS Cloud Professional Services team are responsible for shaping our clients cloud usage by designing and implementing world-class cloud engineering solutions. Our award winning cloud delivery means we are at the heart of our engagements, creating real business value through use of our propositions and accelerators to ensure our clients get the maximum out of the cloud.
As a BJSS Consultant you’ll lead by example and demonstrate the art of the possible, both in discussion and ideation with clients and through engineering delivery. You will work with some of the biggest companies in the UK and also help shape our own future cloud roadmap. You will care deeply about engineering excellence and repeatability, bringing your experience of cloud to the benefit of the clients you work with and the wider BJSS organisation.
You will work with a talented, innovative and pioneering cloud team and will also draw on your creative talent to contribute to our industry leading cloud accelerators for use across BJSS.
- You’ll bring extensive experience gained through a deep understanding of the cloud in enterprise organisations
- You will be comfortable developing and strengthening peer-to-peer relationships at all levels with clients
- You have energy and a pragmatic delivery-focused attitude that wins the respect of those around you and makes you a trusted technical advisor
- You love technology and want to keep on learning. You’re genuinely interested in understanding the challenges of public cloud use in enterprises
- You enjoy working with colleagues to solve problems and create repeatable solutions
You’ll have the following experience and skills:
- Experience as both a consultant guiding cloud architecture and as an engineer designing and implementing cloud solutions
- Extensive knowledge of one (or more) public cloud providers across hosting, networking, CI/CD, IAM, security and observability
- Deep understanding and use of infrastructure-as-code
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong record of technical leadership
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Developing and maintaining standardised patterns
- Adept at communicating complex ideas effectively
- The vision to turn client demands into accelerators and propositions for re-use
Some of the Perks
- Flexible benefits allowance – you choose how to spend your allowance (additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more)
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan - we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and other
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle, and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- We have a busy social calendar that you can chose to join– quarterly town halls/squad nights out/weekends away with families included/office get togethers
- GymFlex gym membership programme
Please note: any applicants must be able to gain valid SC clearance.