We’re an award-winning innovative tech consultancy - a team of creative problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better, more sustainable ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
In the last 30 years we won several awards, including our most recent inclusion in the Forbes World's Best Management Consulting Firms report.
Operating from 26 locations across the world, we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
Our story in Portugal started in 2020 with a small office in Lisbon. The team is now over 100 across Lisbon and Porto, and we are the perfect blend of national and international collaboration and reputation.
We want to continue to grow and need people just like you!
About the Role
BJSS’s Lisbon Office is a fast growing, digital delivery hub. Having recently moved into a larger office space, we are looking for an Office Assistant to help run this space and work with the leadership team to build a fun, engaging environment for their colleagues.
The Office Assistant will be a key part of the team, overseeing the support functions which keep the office delivering. BJSS is an exciting place and we are looking for an outstanding candidate who will work well with our office environment, and who can grow their career alongside the firm.
This is a full time, permanent role, which will require the successful candidate to work 40 hours per week. This role will be Monday to Friday - 9am-6pm. Due to the nature of the work required, this role is based 100% in the Lisbon Office.
The Office Assistant will report into their local Leadership Team and will be supported by another member of the Regional Operations team. The Office Assistant will accountable for all aspects of the physical office, including:
- Physical Security
- Working with the BJSS security team to ensure that company security policies are met within the office.
- Liaising with building management to ensure all security requirements are communicated, understood and adhered to.
- Issuing passes and lanyards to guests and new starters.
- New Starters
- Onboarding new starters in person, ensuring that they are made to feel welcome and have a great induction into the firm
- Making sure all new starters have the relevant kit for day one, along with an induction schedule
- Liaising with the Central Operations and IT team to ensure all new starters are set-up and onboarded without any issues
- Events Management
- Budget management – working within prescribed budgets set by both local and central teams
- Event reception and guest management
- Administrative support, working along accounts team in the UK
- Arranging venues and coordinating speakers for virtual and physical events including:
- Annual Summer Strategy event
- Christmas party
- Business development events for clients
- Lunch and Learns
- Office socials
- CSR events
- Office Environment and Facilities
- Accountable for ensuring the office is clean and tidy, both by coordinating the cleaning and maintenance firms that we use (where relevant), and keeping the office tidy and presentable throughout the day
- Vetting and managing suppliers/contractors and working with Accounts to get them set up on our internal payment system
- Maintaining and managing office environment policies, such as clear desks
- Building relationships and liaising with building management / landlord
- Providing ad-hoc assistance to staff within the office / working remotely
- Ensuring the office is supplied with stationery
- Ensuring the office space is supplied with drinks and snacks
- Working with IT to ensure we have enough equipment in stock
- Budgets– working with the Head of Delivery to ensure the office is running within budget
- Processes and process improvements– assisting the Regional Operations team with implementing new/improved processes within the office
- Health and safety
- Ensuring an adequate number of staff within the office are First Aid trained
- Ensuring there are the correct number of trained Fire Wardens within the office
- Fire safety – working with building management to ensure all fire safety requirements are met
- Risk Assessments – ensuring all risk assessments for the office space / events are kept up to date
This is a great opportunity for an existing Office Assistant or someone with transferable skills looking to progress. We're ideally looking for someone with experience of:
- Event organisation and management
- Working and adhering to health and safety and security requirements
- Working to, and managing, a budget
- Working with staff to create a fun, engaging and welcoming atmosphere
We're looking for someone who is:
- Friendly with a personable manner
- Looking to build your career in a growing firm
- Energetic with a positive attitude.
- BJSS has a flat management structure, you’ll be happy to get involved and help with all areas where required
- A great team player
- Work with minimal day-to-day supervision
At BJSS, we value the diversity of our people and the varied experiences, expertise, backgrounds and perspectives they bring. We work hard to foster a culture where those differences can thrive and where every one of us can fulfil our potential.
Some of the Perks
- Coverflex Flexible Benefit allowance – you can choose to spend your allowance on private healthcare insurance, pension contributions, wellbeing, gym and fitness, education, childcare and more
- 22 days holiday per year, plus National Bank Holidays (or a day in lieu)
- An industry-leading referral scheme, with no limits on the number of referrals
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- BJSS Clubs: From trekking and paddle to books and board games, BJSS is keen on sponsoring various group activities among our employees