SPARCK is the design and innovation heart of technology consultancy BJSS. This unique relationship means we can design and deliver innovative products and services - the human-centred way - for people and the planet.
We operate from 26 locations across the UK, Europe, Australia, and the United States, and we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
We look for people with a passion for making an impact by bringing their own unique energy, experiences, and thoughts. So, if you’re someone who thrives on collaborating, solving problems, and getting stuff done, then we’d love to hear from you.
We want to continue to grow our team with people just like you!
About the Role
Are you a creative and experienced service designer with a passion for making stand-out services?
Do you love when digital and physical blend together to create beautiful user experiences?
Can you lead a project and a take a team from inception to successful delivery and continuous development?
Working with SPARCK you may get involved in:
- Helping a large bank designing and launching a new AI powered services for businesses to manage their money.
- Helping healthcare clients research and design a new national app, as well as several other core digital health services.
- Exploring the future of travel and the role of digital services across end-to-end journeys for a major national logistics firm.
- Help a leading retailer re-design the employee experience and the role of digital play in empowering the workforce
- Helping Amnesty unearth opportunities to improve how they identify and take action on human rights offences.
In short, you will work collaboratively with our clients to design amazing products, services and experiences.
- Thorough knowledge of design thinking and user centred design.
- Experience leading service design projects with clients delivering outcomes, not just outputs.
- Experience producing high-quality service design and user experience artefacts such as personas, user journeys, prototypes and blueprints.
- An ability to synthesise user insights, market data and global trends - and turning them into great user experiences.
- Collaborative mindset to work with clients and developers to bring designs to life, balancing user needs, business requirements and technical constraints.
- Ability to engage in usability testing to continuously iterate ideas and designs.
- Keen interest in UX design best practices & trends and how to incorporate these into deliverables.
- Experience running workshops with our clients and present deliverables to senior stakeholders.
- Interest in define the UX Design Process working alongside other disciplines.
- A great sense of aesthetics and how to tell a story visually. An ability to make beautiful and clear digital artefacts is essential.
- A naturally collaborative and curious mind, that strives to help others shine and the team to deliver amazing things.
- GDS experience is highly preferable, but not essential
You could be a service or UX designer in an agency, consultancy or work in an in-house team. For us, it’s not just about having the right kind of professional experience, it’s as much about having a positive attitude, lots of curiosity and an ability to pick things up quickly.
Some of the Perks
- Flexible benefits allowance – you choose how to spend your allowance (additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more)
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan - we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and other
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle, and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- We have a busy social calendar that you can chose to join– quarterly town halls/squad nights out/weekends away with families included/office get togethers
- GymFlex gym membership programme