We’re an award-winning innovative tech consultancy - a team of creative problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better, more sustainable ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
In the last 30 years we won several awards, including a prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category for our Enterprise Agile delivery approach.
Operating from 26 locations across the world, we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
We want to continue to grow our team with people just like you!
About the Role
An exciting new opportunity has arisen to join a fast-paced and forward-thinking business as a People Partner (HRBP). This is a new role within our growing People Team. As a People Partner you will be partnering with our leadership teams, to provide advice and support and bring a ‘HR lens’ to decision making. Our aim is to continue to make BJSS a great place to work, and you will contribute to this by ensuring consistency in approach across the company, along with proactive case management, and working with the wider People Team to design and deliver engaging and impactful people initiatives.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Partnering with senior business leaders to understand business needs in order to drive employee engagement and create solutions to local people challenges.
- Coaching and proactively developing the capabilities of our people managers.
- Lead on ER cases, including support with investigations, process and documentation and providing advice.
- Confidently facilitate formal meetings and be comfortable to take the lead if needed.
- Support the Operations team with business-as-usual People processes when required (e.g. salary and bonus review, benefits administration, payroll change information)
- Take ownership for gathering and presenting insightful management information, to aid effective decision making.
- Review and advise on change to People processes to drive efficiency and best practice.
- Other relevant duties as required.
This role can be based at either our Leeds or Glasgow Office.
- A strong HR Generalist/ People/ HR Business Partner with experience working within a similar role in a fast-paced, high-performance environment (ideally technology/ consultancy).
- CIPD qualification/ degree in relevant subject would be an advantage.
- Highly creative, with the ability to ‘think outside the box’ when approaching complex people issues.
- Skilled at offering pragmatic employee relations advice to people leaders.
- Strong knowledge of employment law and the ability to translate this into clear, usable information/actions.
- Highly adaptable; open to change and willing to ‘muck in’ to get the job done.
- Strong stakeholder management skills; the ability to build relationships, understand needs, and offer considered guidance.
- An enthusiastic team-player, while still self-driven and able to work without frequent support.
- A confident, credible, and approachable manner.
- A proactive, flexible and positive work style.
Some of the Perks
- Flexible benefits allowance – you choose how to spend your allowance (additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more)
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan - we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and other
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle, and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- We have a busy social calendar that you can chose to join– quarterly town halls/squad nights out/weekends away with families included/office get togethers
- GymFlex gym membership programme
Something looks off?