We’re an award-winning innovative tech consultancy - a team of creative problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better, more sustainable ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
In the last 30 years we won several awards, including a prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category for our Enterprise Agile delivery approach.
Operating from 26 locations across the world, we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
We want to continue to grow our team with people just like you!
Our clients tell us that our people are the best they’ve worked with – not only because of their professional ability, but also their behaviour and attitude.
About the Role
Our bids bring together experienced proposal professionals with experts from diverse backgrounds and experiences, working in a collaborative, honest and open culture to deliver outstanding outcomes that win business and delight clients. Whether for colleagues or customers, BJSS people aim to be the best they’ve worked with.
Do you want a high-tempo, varied role with the chance to write bids for a huge range of major public and private sector clients?
Can you project-manage and write clear, compelling, compliant responses that will show our clients why only we should be awarded the work?
Would you like support from a team who will let you focus on creating great responses, rather than on completing bid ‘red tape’?
We’re looking for an experienced bid and proposal writer/manager to join our Presales Team. You’ll help us grow our business and continue our high-performing track record (our stats prove it).
This is a hands-on role where you will own end-to-end responsibility for managing bid progress, shaping and writing responses on each opportunity. You’ll work with teams of subject matter experts to deliver high-quality, compelling bids, tenders, proposals and presentations that showcase the very best of BJSS and give the client what they really want. As the linchpin of each bid, your influence on how we tell the story, our approach to requirements and our response content will be pivotal.
You’ll join a close-knit team of bid writer/managers, bid coordinators and reviewers who work together to achieve excellent results for every bid. If you’re up against a deadline, need advice on how to tackle a response or want some help with the administrative aspects of the submission, we’ll make sure you’ve always got the support you need.
Ideally, you’ll bring us:
- Recent experience in a hybrid bid management/writing role, managing formal bid and proposal submissions in the public and/or private sector. Ideally you’ll have some experience in the technology sector, but it’s not a deal-breaker if not – we’re happy to talk to strong proposal professionals from any background.
- First-class writing skills, with the ability to write clear, well-structured, well-phrased and persuasive prose that makes complicated concepts simple for readers. A degree in English or a related subject is desirable.
- Evidence of your ability to manage work to defined deadlines, and to work effectively with teams of people to create great responses.
- An ability to form strong working relationships with colleagues across the business (including senior executives)
- A willingness to question, to research and (where needed) to challenge, to make sure responses are as good as they can get.
Some of the Perks
- Flexible benefits allowance – you choose how to spend your allowance (additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more)
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan - we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and other
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle, and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- We have a busy social calendar that you can chose to join– quarterly town halls/squad nights out/weekends away with families included/office get togethers
- GymFlex gym membership programme
Something looks off?