Digital Design Consultant
SPARCK is a leading international design and innovation consultancy.
We are a diverse group of more than 100 researchers, strategists, designers and innovators spread across the UK, USA, Portugal and Denmark.
We are part of BJSS, the UK’s leading privately owned technology and business consultancy. This gives us a unique ability to not only design innovative solutions but deliver them through our award-winning Agile Enterprise approach.
About the Role
At SPARCK you’ll work with bright, enthusiastic people from a wide variety of backgrounds and you’ll learn every day. If you have a curious mind, a drive to learn while delivering great outcomes and are fun to work with, you will love it here!
Our culture is important and it is essential that you are keen to contribute to make SPARCK a great place to work.
Working with SPARCK you may get involved in
- Helping a large bank design and launch a new AI powered service for businesses to manage their money.
- Working with a national healthcare client to research and design a new app and re-imagine core digital health services.
- Re-designing critical reporting and management tools for the UK’s largest payments services company.
- Exploring the future of travel and the role of digital services across end-to-end journeys for a major national logistics firm.
- Helping Amnesty unearth opportunities to improve how they identify and act on human rights offences.
- Run co-creation and innovation workshops to generate break-through ideas and concepts for leading teams in health, finance, retail, energy and government.
- Helping a growing range of clients explore and apply cutting edge technologies such as AI, IoT and AR/VR.
In short, you will work collaboratively with our broad range of clients and help them unlock new value
You could be a designer, a consultant or work in an in-house team. For us, it’s not just about having the right kind of professional experience, it’s as much about having a positive attitude, lots of curiosity and an ability to pick things up quickly.
What we are looking for
- An ambidextrous strategist / consultant with thorough knowledge of design thinking and user centred design. A passion for innovation, with experience in experimentation and lean start-up beneficial
- An ability to build relationships and influence at all levels and across multi disciplinary teams (design, development, product and function heads)
- An understanding of and experience working across the end to end design lifecycle from creating hypothesis, research, synthesising, ideation, prototyping, testing, and iterating
- Someone who can combine commercial rigour with creative problem solving to deliver proven value propositions
- Confidence in complex and ambiguous situations, and an ability to find constructive ways forward
- Experience scoping, planning and leading activities from writing proposals through to managing client relationships and enabling successful project delivery
- Confidence and experience running engaging and creative workshops with people at all levels of the organisation
- An ability to analyse user insights, global trends and conduct market research – and using them to inform direction and create hypotheses
- A great sense of aesthetics and how to tell a story visually. An ability to make beautiful and clear digital artefacts is essential
- A naturally collaborative and curious mind, that strives to help others shine and the team
Some of the Perks
- Flexible benefits allowance – you choose how to spend your allowance (additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more)
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan - we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and other
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle, and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- We have a busy social calendar that you can chose to join– quarterly town halls/squad nights out/weekends away with families included/office get togethers
- GymFlex gym membership programme
Something looks off?