1st Line IT Support Engineer
We’re an award-winning innovative tech consultancy - a team of creative problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better, more sustainable ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
In the last 30 years we won several awards, including a prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category for our Enterprise Agile delivery approach.
Operating from 26 locations across the world, we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
We want to continue to grow our team with people just like you!
About the Role
You will work within the Service Management team, providing support to over 2000 employees. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate experience of working in a service desk or technical support environment. As a successful and growing organisation, our employees are often very technically skilled, and expect great service. We expect our IT Support Technicians to be able to think on their feet, apply learning from multiple sources and be highly organised.
Responsibilities will include:
- Installation, configuration and deployment of PCs and Apple Macs
- Updating internal IT systems including the helpdesk tickets, asset records and technical documentation
- Resolve 1st line IT Support requests
- Where required, raising orders for new hardware and software
- Onboarding of new starters including ensuring equipment is couriered to them when they commence employment.
- IT operations activities including proactive checking and monitoring of internal IT systems
The key technical skills we are looking for are:
- Previous Service Desk/1st line experience
- Troubleshooting Windows and Apple Mac laptops
- Administration of Office 365
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Administration of Enterprise Antivirus and security management
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, wired and wireless networking technologies
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who:
- Will be able to display evidence of a good technical aptitude and a strong attention to detail
- Will be able to prioritise and focus on their own workload
- Will be a proactive and organised self-starter with excellent communication skills who is motivated to get the job done and be flexible in their approach
- Is enthusiastic about opportunities to learn new skills and technologies and wants to drive their own development.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has excellent time management – is proficient in planning, organising and managing workload to maximise efficiency.
- Detail Handling - pays attention to detail and accuracy, ensures that activities and tasks are handled correctly and completed on time.
- A team player and communicator who engages peers to drive for continuous improvement
As a 1st Line IT Support Technician in BJSS, we are looking for someone who has attained a Level 3 IT apprenticeship as an Infrastructure technician or has similar experience.
About the Team
We provide the IT hardware, infrastructure and application services internally to enable our people to deliver projects and services to BJSS’ clients. This encompasses, the networks, laptops, security and infrastructure services required to deliver a reliable IT service to a rapidly growing business of over 2000 people. Keeping pace with the growth is challenging, and ensuring our people are productive on their very first day is a key driver for everything the team does.
Many of our people are technical experts in their own fields, and this makes supporting those people more difficult than in many other environments. You will need to learn to recognise when to provide assistance and when to escalate problems in the most efficient manner.
The IT team has 4 core teams:
- Service Management – provide 1st line support, device deployment and collection, fulfil all standard service requests for hardware/software.
- Infrastructure – provide 2nd line support and implement core infrastructure and security solutions.
- Applications – provide 2nd line support and manage/implement our line of business applications and reporting.
- Security – manage compliance and security across IT and BJSS’ client engagements.
Some of the Perks
- Flexible benefits allowance – you choose how to spend your allowance (additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more)
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan - we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and other
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle, and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- We have a busy social calendar that you can chose to join– quarterly town halls/squad nights out/weekends away with families included/office get togethers
- GymFlex gym membership programme
Something looks off?