We’re an award-winning innovative tech consultancy - a team of creative problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better, more sustainable ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
In the last 30 years we won several awards, including a prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category for our Enterprise Agile delivery approach.
Operating from 26 locations across the world, we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
We want to continue to grow our team with people just like you!
Our clients tell us that our people are the best they’ve worked with – not only because of their professional ability, but also their behaviour and attitude. As part of the BJSS Business Analysis team, you’ll develop all these skills, and hone them delivering real engagements for a variety of clients.
Do you enjoy asking the right questions like “what outcomes do your customers want to realise?” and “what goals is your organisation trying to achieve?” Are you seeing digital as data, machine learning, VR and elements of IoT rather than just tablets or mobile? Would you enjoy working in a multi-disciplined team of talented engineers?
If you answered “yes”, then we want to hear from you
About the Role
As a Business Analyst you will be at the heart of defining technology solutions for our clients, you will:
- Use a variety of elicitation techniques to identify and map out business domains, identify problems and articulate opportunities which will provide business benefit;
- Provide clear actionable advice and recommendations, based on expertise, knowledge and hands-on experience, that helps clients and teams to overcome their business challenges with the use of digital technologies and best-practices in Agile software delivery;
- Support the delivery team by organising the backlog and making sure that each sprint delivers the value to the business;
- Confidently take ownership of achieving results for your clients and your team – by doing and by coaching – whilst working in changeable environments without supervision.
You should have:
- Experience of the full software delivery life-cycle (ideally in bespoke software delivery)
- Solid understanding of Agile principles including; Agile artefacts such as User Stories and Product Backlog
- Experience working as part of a technical team and high technical literacy
- Strong stakeholder management
- Understanding of non-functional requirements
- Ability to adapt and pick up new product domains quickly
- Clear and concise communication, both written and verbal
We’re building teams of strong, diverse, and creative people who thrive in high-performance environments and where delivery quality is key. The work you do matters. And as a member of our team, your work directly impacts how we achieve the best possible outcome for our clients. Our emphasis on quality differentiates us. We deliver, and we have fun doing it.
But being part of BJSS isn’t about being expected to work through the night. Unlike other consultancies, we respect family life and usually work core business hours.
As well as very competitive salaries and a flexible benefits package, we have inclusive BJSS sports, leisure, and social groups that are keen to welcome you. These include our weekly Boot-Camp sessions, regular Lunch & Learns and Tech Meetups and more.
If lunchtime activities aren’t for you, we have plenty of after work social events, with plenty of free food and drink. We encourage our employees to attend BJSS functions such as our quarterly town halls, Christmas parties, and our annual summer weekend away which includes games, food and childcare.
Some of the Perks
- Flexible benefits allowance – you choose how to spend your allowance (additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more)
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan - we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and other
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle, and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- We have a busy social calendar that you can chose to join– quarterly town halls/squad nights out/weekends away with families included/office get togethers
- GymFlex gym membership programme