Senior Data Engineer
We’re an award-winning innovative tech consultancy - a team of creative problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better, more sustainable ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
In the last 30 years we won several awards, including our most recent inclusion in the Forbes World's Best Management Consulting Firms report.
Operating from 26 locations across the world, we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
We want to continue to grow our team in Australia with people just like you!
About the Role
We are DataOps advocates and use software engineering best practices to build scalable and re-usable data solutions to help clients use their data to gain insights, drive decisions and deliver business value. Clients don’t engage BJSS to do the straightforward things, they ask us to help on their biggest challenges which means we get to work with a wide range of tools and technologies and there are always new things to learn.
BJSS data engineers are specialist software engineers that build, optimise and maintain data applications, systems and services. This role combines the discipline of software engineering with the knowledge and experience of building data solutions in order to deliver business value.
As a BJSS data engineer you’ll help our clients deploy data pipelines and processes in a production-safe manner, using the latest technologies and with a DataOps culture.
You’ll work in a fast moving, agile environment, within multi-disciplinary teams of highly skilled consultants, delivering modern data platforms into large organisations.
You can expect to get involved in variety of projects in the cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), learning about and using data services such as Databricks, Data Factory, Synapse, Kafka, Redshift, Glue, Athena, BigQuery, S3, Cloud Data Fusion etc.
- You're an engineer at heart and enjoy the challenge of building reliable, efficient data applications systems, services and platforms.
- You have a good understanding of coding best practices and design patterns and experience with code and data versioning, dependency management, code quality and optimisation, error handling, logging, monitoring, validation and alerting.
- You have experience in writing well tested object-oriented python.
- You have experience with using CI/CD tooling to analyse, build, test and deploy your code.
- You have a good understanding of design choices for data storage and data processing, with a particular focus on cloud data services.
- You have experience in using parallel computing to process large datasets and to optimise computationally intensive tasks.
- You have experience in programmatically deploying, scheduling and monitoring components in a workflow.
- You have experience in writing complex queries against relational and non-relational data stores.
Some of the Perks
- An industry-leading referral scheme, with no limits on the number of referrals
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH
- $400 new hire tech budget – kit out your home office to make sure you’re comfortable with hybrid working
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- We have a busy social calendar that you can chose to join– quarterly town halls/squad nights out/weekends away with families included/office get togethers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
BJSS will only employ those who are legally authorised to work in Australia for this opening. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship.
Something looks off?