Platform Engineer - AWS
Fancy a career where you can combine practical, hands-on learning with working on some of the UK’s most exciting cloud projects? One thing’s for sure at BJSS you’ll always be learning!
We’re an award-winning innovative tech consultancy - a team of creative problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better, more sustainable ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
In the last 30 years we won several awards, including a prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category for our Enterprise Agile delivery approach.
Operating from 26 locations across the world, we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
We want to continue to grow our team with people just like you!
About the Role
As a DevOps Engineer, your role is to understand what technology challenges your clients are facing, and then find solutions to these challenges.
You’ll work in a fast moving, agile environment, within multi-disciplinary teams, delivering advanced technology solution to a range of clients across the globe.
You’ll get to work with some of the brightest and best in the industry on some of the most exciting digital programmes around. Not only will this experience allow you to develop your skills, but you’ll also learn new techniques and refine your interests.
We want you to make the most of your potential, so to help you continue your learning, we’ll help you achieve career-enhancing professional and industry certifications. You’ll also hone your skills and experience of working in a variety of engineering roles, allowing you to specialise in a variety of areas.
- Experience of working in Cloud Engineering/Technology (AWS / Azure / GCP)
- You're an engineer at heart and enjoy the challenge of building elegant solutions
- You want to work across a range of tech, trying out the latest tools and trends
- You have a passion for automation, having previously worked with pipelines and used some scripting language(s)
- Ideally, you will have some experience creating/maintaining infra with IaC tools such as Terraform
- You believe in lifelong learning, always looking for a 'better way'
- You're happy to dive headfirst into anything that comes your way
Whist we will get you up to speed, any experience of the following will definitely help getting you onboard:
- Experience of designing, deploying and maintaining enterprise AWS environments consuming a broad range of AWS services (e.g. Creating and setting up AWS IAM policies)
- Hands-on experience in applying or enabling containers and container orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS etc.)
- Hands-on experience in applying or enabling the use of observability technologies like Dynatrace, ELK stack or Prometheus.
- Hands-on experience in applying or working with infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform, CloudFormation or Pulumi.
- Working knowledge of HashiCorp configuration management products such as Packer, Vault, Consul.
- Hands-on experience of automation and scripting using tools such as Python, Groovy and Ruby.
- Exposure to iterative/agile development methodologies and experience of enabling team delivery through technology (Confluence, JIRA, Nexus, GitHub, Bitbucket, Jenkins etc.)
- Exposure to latest AWS networking standards and new technologies such as AWS Transit Gateways, WAF's, VPN's and proxies
Some of the Perks
- Flexible benefits allowance – you choose how to spend your allowance (additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more)
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan - we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and other
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle, and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- We have a busy social calendar that you can chose to join– quarterly town halls/squad nights out/weekends away with families included/office get togethers
- GymFlex gym membership programme
We welcome all applicants regardless of their Academic background provided they have a passion for technology and some coding experience. Our application process is easy and has been designed to let your skills and potential shine through.
Something looks off?