Data Analyst - Modeller
Does the world of data inspire you?
Do you want to develop new skills, contributing to a wide variety of projects in an environment that values technical excellence and collaborative working?
We believe that every dataset tells a story and we're looking for data enthusiasts with experience in data analysis and visualisation to join our rapidly expanding Data and AI practice.
We’re an award-winning innovative tech consultancy - a team of creative problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better, more sustainable ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
In the last 30 years we won several awards, including our most recent inclusion in the Forbes World's Best Management Consulting Firms report.
Operating from 26 locations across the world, we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
Our story in Portugal started in 2020 with a small office in Lisbon. The team is now over 100 across Lisbon and Porto, and we are the perfect blend of national and international collaboration and reputation.
We want to continue to grow and need people just like you!
About the Role
In Data at BJSS you'll join multi-disciplinary teams of some of the brightest and best in the industry. You'll work in a fast moving, agile environment building data models and ontologies, and analysing and profiling datasets. You'll design ETL processes and services and create powerful dashboards to bring data insights to life.
You'll help us deliver some of the most exciting digital programmes around, for clients in a range of industries by:
- Applying cross-disciplinary thinking and working collaboratively with other members of your team
- Building a deep understanding of business domain and user needs and ensuring business value is unlocked as early as possible
- Thinking holistically and treating data as a business service
- Designing BI as centre of excellence for business data
We're looking for people who will go an extra mile to understand our clients' strategic and operational challenges and help us to design and deliver innovative solutions.
You'll have worked with:
- ETL tools or have experience profiling and cleaning the data. Preferably with Pandas or SQL
- Data visualisation tools. Primarily Power BI, Tableau or Qlik
- DB model design tools, like Erwin, and know different modelling techniques (Kimball, Inmon, …)
Experience with AWS or Azure would be helpful.
Above all you'll be passionate about unlocking the power of data to deliver business value.
Some of the Perks
- Coverflex Flexible Benefit allowance – you can choose to spend your allowance on private healthcare insurance, pension contributions, wellbeing, gym and fitness, education, childcare and more
- 22 days holiday per year, plus National Bank Holidays (or a day in lieu)
- An industry-leading referral scheme, with no limits on the number of referrals
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH.
- We also help you setting up your home office to make sure you’re comfortable with hybrid working
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- BJSS Clubs: From trekking and paddle to books and board games, BJSS is keen on sponsoring various group activities among our employees
Something looks off?