Sr. Field Launch Manager
We are looking for a Sr. Field Launch Manager (FLM) to lead store projects within Amazon Fresh Stores. As part of our Worldwide Grocery Stores, you will plan and execute on-the-ground store activities, ensuring standards of quality are met and tracked in accordance with budgets and timelines. In partnership with store operations, you will work cross functionally with a variety of stakeholders throughout the process. Your responsibilities include management of projects and specific deliverables, coordinating activities, training, standards adherence, and problem-solving issues while deep diving to improve the store execution program.
As a Sr. Field Launch Manager, you will travel in your supported market for site visits to meet critical milestones and readiness tasks. Although you will be assigned a market, you will need to be flexible in supporting other areas of North America based on business needs. Sr. Field Launch Managers are able to quickly respond and be onsite to manage escalations that may impact timelines. You will utilize a suite of dashboards to monitor, identify, and solve for concerns impacting the project. Additionally, Sr. FLM’s take initiative to invent and simplify processes and mechanisms in order to scale the business with the mindset of long-term growth. Often times, Sr. FLMs will manage multiple projects at one time, requiring the ability to balance competing priorities while delivering results.
Sr. Field Launch Managers often operate autonomously with strong personal motivation. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. High judgment, ability to influence, organization, communication, and leadership skills are essential to success in this role.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Chicago, IL, USA | New York, NY, USA | Pittsburgh, PA, USA | San Francisco, CA, USA | Santa Monica, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 5+ years of program or project management experience
- Experience using data and metrics to determine and drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in opening and operating physical retail stores for 10+ years
- 75% - 100% travel depending on business needs
- Ability to effectively manage and influence cross functional teams, projects, and interdependencies
- Experience escalating issues, anticipating and making tradeoffs, balancing the business need versus other constraints, and maximizing business benefit while building great customer experiences
- Experience in defining metrics for larger, more complex projects and productivity
- The ability to align efforts of disparate groups to achieve a common goal
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and manage change in a highly dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Sense of humor!
- 2+ years of driving process improvements experience
- Master's degree, or MBA in business, operations, human resources, adult education, organizational development, instructional design or related field
- 5+ years of multi-unit leadership
- Experience in understanding needs of business and end customers and translating them into right solutions
- Ability to engage with senior executives
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $92,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $185,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.