Software Dev Engineer II, AWS IDEs
We are looking for a software development engineer who is passionate about building services and tools for developers that leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning. You will be part of a team owning an AWS service to enhance the developer experience in the Cloud. The team works in close collaboration with other AWS services such as AWS Cloud9, the AWS IDE Toolkit and AWS Bedrock. If you are exited about working in cloud computing and building future AWS services, then we'd love to talk to you.
Key job responsibilities
- Learn and use modern and advanced technologies
- Collaborate with internal engineering teams, leading technology companies around the world and the open source community
- Develop cloud-based solutions that will delight software developers and system administrators globally
- Create innovative products and see them launched in high volume production environments
- Participate in on-call rotation
A day in the life
Work/Life Harmony: Our team gives high value to work-life harmony. Since the Covid19 pandemic we adjusted to remote work and established a hybrid work environment in which engineers spend 3 days working in the office, adjusted to the team needs.
Mentorship & Career Growth: We're committed to the growth and development of every member of the team, and that includes our development managers. As a senior software development engineer you will play a vital part in growing your peers. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the culture and direction and deliver site-wide initiatives that will improve the life of all of our teams. AWS is a growth environment - we are hiring and scaling rapidly to meet the needs of our customers. You'll have the opportunity to grow your scope of influence naturally as we scale and will have get to hire & develop other leaders along the way.
On-call Responsibility: This position involves On-call responsibility. We work as a team to root-cause the issues and ensure our systems are resilient and fault-tolerant.
About the team
You would work on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Next Gen DevX (NGDE) team where we are going to use generative AI and foundation models to reimagine the experience of all builders on AWS. From the IDE to web based tools and services AI will help engineers to work on large and small applications. In this team we have to explore new technologies and find creative solutions. Curiosity and an explorative mindset can find a place to impact the life of engineers around the world.
If you are excited about this space and want to enlighten your peers with new capabilities, this is the team for you.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience in the AI/ML space
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $115,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $223,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.