Sr. Marketing Manager, Ads Marketing
Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of ecommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon owned and operated sites and on other high quality sites across the web. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. Customers range from the world’s biggest brands to small entrepreneurs, with businesses using Amazon Advertising to drive discovery of their products, build their brand, grow sales and create engaging shopper interactions. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising product with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place.
A strategically important part of our charter is to drive adoption across a portfolio of self-service, cost per click advertising products to enable head to tail advertisers to engage with customers in relevant ways. Our team is tasked with making it easy for Amazon selling partners to advertise their products, thereby increasing the visibility of their products, which also helps Amazon customers discover more selection—a win-win!
We are looking for a Sr. Marketing Manager, who will own the marketing strategy to accelerate adoption of Amazon Sponsored Ads by Authors, Book sellers and publishers worldwide.
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Conceptualize and execute a comprehensive marketing strategy to accelerate demand for Amazon Sponsored Ads from Authors, Book sellers and publishers
• Build a customer-centric communication strategy that is segmented, contextual, and scalable
• Drive channel diversification efforts on owned and paid channels, to reach potential advertisers where they are
• Periodically measure and optimize campaign performance
• Own content creation, and drive content innovation to deliver superior engagement
• Develop deep understanding of the customer through analytics and conducting 3P/1P research.
• Identify opportunities for growth and barriers and triggers through in-depth analysis, and build strategies to address such opportunities
• Influence the product/ technology roadmap of partner teams to build/ improve marketing infrastructure (science models, tools, channels) necessary to accelerate demand for Sponsored Ads from Authors, Book Sellers and publishers.
• Own cadenced business reporting for Weekly/ Monthly Business reviews
• Influence strategic direction by presenting high quality data-driven recommendations to Director-level leadership.
The ideal candidate for this role can effectively partner with all levels of leadership, and is adept at influencing through data-driven business cases and crisp, clear program updates and deep-dive narratives to drive decisions. You are able to represent, verbally and in writing, complex decisions, tough trade-offs, and potential strategies clearly to leaders to help them understand the decisions they have to make and the available options. You think customer-first and deliver strategies that meet Amazon’s high standards for customer experience. You are creative, and at the same time demonstrate strong analytical skills and business acumen. You are capable of delivering continuous improvement through test-and-learn initiatives while pursuing a broader vision. You are able to influence across functions and teams, and can generate support from multiple stakeholders by effectively building trust. You are able to provide input on marketing tactics and messaging, but think big and operate at scale to deliver results. You should be comfortable with ambiguity and complex challenges. You should also be comfortable handling multiple initiatives simultaneously, and be adept at prioritizing agendas/ tasks to deliver results
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 6+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- 5+ years of developing and managing acquisition marketing or channel programs experience
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience with Excel or Tableau (data manipulation, macros, charts and pivot tables)
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
- Experience developing and executing campaigns across a multitude of timezones and languages
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Finance, or other related area
- Experience in a business-to-business (B2B) environment, high-tech products/services
- Knowledge of SQL at the interemdiate level
- Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Finance, or other related area
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $94,600/year in our lowest geographic market up to $185,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.