Software Development Engineer, Publisher Technologies (PubTech), Amazon
Amazon Ads Publisher Technology (PubTech) is an exciting program that is pioneering new experiences for Ad Publishers as they onboard new sponsored experiences for their customers. We are looking for a motivated and experienced software development engineers to join our team as we architect the technology landscape that will migrate brand merchandising workflows from current ad stacks to PubTech using Open Direct industry standards.
This is a unique opportunity to unwind current integration across multiple amazon ad systems, and influence the vision, capabilities and architecture in its infancy. To be successful in this role, you are customer obsessed and have deep technical acumen to build scalable technical designs, implementation and thought leadership that contributes to the success of both our internal and external customers. You are a technical leader with track record of shipping highly scaled software infrastructure and work with wide range of technologies, programming languages and systems. You ship error free software and own the day to day maintenance and evolution of systems that serve the needs of our growing base of customers. We are looking for a leader who can thrive in a startup environment, embraces complexity and ambiguity, can move fast, and be responsible for all aspects of software development. If you are interested in making huge impact on a rapidly expanding team, come join us as we work hard, have fun, and make history.
Key job responsibilities
* Understand the fundamentals (and tradeoffs) of Amazon’s advertising stacks and related industry standards.
* Drive technical solutions/architecture for advertising workflow that can scale to server similar use cases.
* Lead the design of large components, get hands on and write code, and ultimately deploy successful enterprise-level systems that can be leveraged for a broad set of use cases.
* Decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions with a bias toward standards based and flexible designs.
* Develop a strong engineering culture of rapid experimentation, measurement, and iteration.
* Build relationships and earn trust with partner teams.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience programming with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Experience building features/solutions using cloud-based infrastructure, especially AWS.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $115,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $223,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.