Sr Marketing Manager - Lifecycle Marketing, Retention - Amazon Music, Amazon
About Amazon Music
Amazon Music is an immersive audio entertainment service that deepens connections between fans, artists, and creators. From personalized music playlists to exclusive podcasts, concert livestreams to artist merch, Amazon Music is innovating at some of the most exciting intersections of music and culture. We offer experiences that serve all listeners with our different tiers of service: Prime members get access to all the music in shuffle mode, and top ad-free podcasts, included with their membership; customers can upgrade to Amazon Music Unlimited for unlimited, on-demand access to 100 million songs, including millions in HD, Ultra HD, and spatial audio; and anyone can listen for free by downloading the Amazon Music app or via Alexa-enabled devices. Join us for the opportunity to influence how Amazon Music engages fans, artists, and creators on a global scale. Learn more at https://www.amazon.com/music.
We are looking for a highly strategic, analytical and results-oriented Sr Product Marketing Manager to drive customer retention for Amazon Music, specifically for our Amazon Music Unlimited customers.
This role will be responsible for driving churn-reduction programs focused on at-risk customers and for driving up key retention metrics. Additionally, this role will build a retention roadmap across our owned channels, lead and support global marketing and product experimentation (A/B testing), and develop channel based creative and messaging for at-risk voice (echo) and visual (mobile app) customers. This role will be cross-functional, working with other product marketing leads on other regional marketing teams and our product counterparts from Amazon Music Growth, DISCO, Subscription Tech, CCMP, Personalization, and BIE.
This ideal candidate will have excellent product marketing, program or project management, and stakeholder management skills. This candidate will also be expected to Think Big and creatively and drive a strategic marketing and product roadmap. You must become the subject matter expert for all things churn and retention as you will manage a number of stakeholder relationships and dependencies across various teams to drive your roadmap.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop a global roadmap for customer retention, inclusive of marketing owned experiments (A/B testing), supporting new product feature launches, new measurement implementation, & dashboard reporting enhancements
- Execute experiments across owned marketing channels to drive incremental cancel saves and customer retention
- Partner with subscriptions tech (product team) to identify and implement automated solutions to streamline and scale retention-focused channels globally
- Evaluate end-to-end customer subscription management to advocate on behalf of Amazon Music customers with product teams
- Track, measure , and report on global churn, performance of marketing experiments and campaigns, identifying insights and socializing with stakeholders to inform future strategy and testing.
- Become the subject matter expert on all things churn for the Amazon Music organization
- Drive regular reviews of roadmap progress and results with leadership across marketing, finance and subscriptions tech
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Atlanta, GA, USA | Culver City, CA, USA | New York, NY, USA | San Francisco, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 6+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience with Excel or Tableau (data manipulation, macros, charts and pivot tables)
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
- Experience leading go-to-market for consumer software or hardware product launches
- 4+ years product marketing experience working with cross-functional teams including engineering, product managers
- 2+ years of experience presenting and driving recommendations, articulate tradeoffs, and communicate plans to leadership
- Experience using any of SQL or other analytical tools for conducting data analysis
- Experience with customer segmentation, profiling, and targeting
- Knowledge of analytics tools and web traffic reporting
- Familiarity with retention marketing performance KPIs and understanding of how to interpret KPIs to inform future strategy Comfort operating in a sometimes ambiguous and changing space
- Excellent attention to detail and organization; passion for improving processes and workflows
- Experience using automated solutions to streamline manual tasks
- Experience within the media/entertainment industry and/or a subscription business Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $114,300/year in our lowest geographic market up to $212,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.