Multi-Site WHS Manager- RSR Network , RSR Network
The EHS Manager will be responsible for partnering with a regional operations team in our RSR logistic network to execute company safety policies and ensure to all applicable local and regional regulations. By leveraging lean principles and tools like Kaizen events, this individual will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our Associates.
The EHS Manager must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team and influence change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data . The EHS Manager must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. This individual must instruct and train Operations Leaders in company safety policies and help develop effective safety leadership. The EHS Manager will assist and support the regional teams in incorporating our safety standards at their sites. The EHS Manager will be required to identify best practices and incorporate these best practices into our standards to continuously improve company safety policies. The EHS Manager must understand safety systems, and possess excellent safety program and relevant safety, environmental and ergonomic knowledge while demonstrating this expertise when working with Operations
Key job responsibilities
EHS Manager Responsibilities:
· Be an effective manager and leader who is proactive and challenges the organization to continually improve safety processes and results without compromise.
· Provide guidance and oversight to ensure to all applicable Amazon Safety Policies.
· the regions and sites’ performance against published requirements in safety policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
· Ensure safety recordkeeping and data integrity and provides Operations with accurate reporting and to support business safety initiatives.
· Deliver quality projects on time to Operations.
· Analyze safety and review weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to justify the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest.
· Analyze Global Safety Peer Review results and develop and implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other facilities.
· Maintain accurate OSHA recordkeeping practices and Global Safety Database entries to ensure to global safety standards and local regulations.
· the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
· Spend time at the facilities and seek input from Associates and leaders on safety program improvement opportunities. Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
· Work with both the operations team and the AMXL EHS team to reduce injuries at the delivery stations.
· Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required safety training.
· Review for effectiveness the deployed safety tools and revise to ensure continual improvement.
· Partner with corporate and other regional field safety personnel to leverage global safety and environmental best practices into NA network standards
A day in the life
Customer is the Operations teams in the RSR network. Will be working with a region of 4-6 sites daily in incident management, training, coaching, engagement, and overall safety practices and policies.
About the team
The RSR network is growing network in Amazon, This network provides last mile opportunities to rural and super rural areas of NA. This is a network looking for new ideas and ways to be successful in a growing market.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bath, NY, USA | Conklin, NY, USA | Frankfort, NY, USA | Syracuse, NY, USA
- 3+ years of increasing responsibilities in WHS or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations experience
- Bachelor's degree, or 2+ years of Amazon (blue badge/FTE) experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and applications and the use of pivot tables and the development of charts and graphics
- Experience in Distribution Center or Manufacturing EHS with mix of exempt and non-exempt employees at a site of at least 250 people
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $50,300/year in our lowest geographic market up to $103,700/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.