Senior AWS Regulatory Industry Specialist, Regulatory Operations
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), Security is our highest priority. The AWS Security Assurance team is responsible for demonstrating the security controls of services offered by AWS. At AWS' scale, we must invent new ways to provide the highest level of assurance to our most regulatory conscious customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated principal regulatory expert to join our team. As part of the team, you will manage targeted campaigns to solve complex compliance challenges, improve processes, and drive greater efficiencies across the security assurance organization. This role facilitates our ability to grow and scale our internal compliance processes to meet the compliance and regulatory expectations in markets and industries around the globe. You should be an experienced and industry professional who has the ability to understand IT and compliance processes, evaluate opportunities for improvement, and to be able to drive innovative campaigns through multiple organizations and teams.
This position will be responsible for the following activities:
- Managing regulatory relationships, examinations and responsiveness.
- Lead and manage projects and campaigns with excellent project management skills.
- Communicate to leadership the status and key deliverables of team initiatives, seek diverse opinions and coordinate improvement efforts.
- Fielding and addressing requests for team support in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Dive deep into the operations of AWS compliance programs to develop broad domain and technical understanding of regulatory and customer expectations to drive process improvement initiatives.
- Operate a quality rhythm of the business for managing regulatory expectations.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life—both in and outside of work.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other related fields, or equivalent experience.
- 15+ years of experience in project/program management in a technical field.
- 10+ years of IT security audit, compliance and/or relevant regulatory experience.
- Experience with monitoring and automating security controls.
- Have a record of delivery of IT process improvement projects with technology processes and/or major tech companies.
- Have experience in cloud technologies.
- Have experience in performing technical assessments and documentation of network, operating systems, application security, as well as auditing IT processes.
- Have an understanding of evaluating the design and effectiveness of IT controls.
- A portfolio of writing samples.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit [url=https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us]https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us[/url]
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $127,800/year in our lowest geographic market up to $247,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.