Senior Manager, Startup Sales Planning, WWCS SSOE Sales Planning
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, offering virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, analytics, and other web computing services to customers all over the world. Within the AWS WW Commercial Sales (WWCS) organization, the Sales Strategy and Operations team is responsible for supporting Leadership, Sales, and Operational teams in achieving organizational objectives and driving continuous improvements in field productivity. We own and deliver “run the business” (RTB) operational cadences, build new mechanisms to support organizational growth and scale, and drive organizational initiatives.
This position will be responsible for leading and evolving Sales Planning for the Startup (SUP) segment. As a member of the Sales Planning Mechanisms team, this person will lead of existing planning processes while driving net-new initiatives focused on improving scale and automation. This person will work closely with the sales strategy team to focus on in-year, organization-wide implementation of key initiatives.
The ideal candidate earns trust through performance and relationship building, thinks strategically and analytically about business challenges, has experience in program management and has a deep analytic background to assist the SUP Global Sales organization in meeting its business objectives. The candidate will be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving, a passion for identifying and eliminating bottlenecks, and has the foresight to anticipate business needs, make trade-offs, and balance business dynamics despite constraints.
The right candidate has a strong record of delivering results timely and effectively. You should have experience managing complex global programs for sales engagement in large, multi-national, preferably tech organizations. The ideal candidate has broad technical skills, strong financial acumen, sales strategy experience, and a deep analytical background. Strong judgement, ability to manage through ambiguity and complexity as well as a demonstrated ability to influence without explicit authority are key to success.
Key job responsibilities
- Recruit, Hire, and Train a high-performing team to deliver on organizational goals and initiatives
- Build a strategic plan for how we manage all sales planning mechanisms focused on SUP.
- Develop innovative approaches to delivering operational solutions that scale.
- Represent the Commercial Sales organization in the development of new tools and automation in support of sales planning.
- Write business papers and deliver recommendations to executive leadership for consideration.
- Identify issues and challenges related to sales strategy projects, and drive timely resolution.
About the team
The Worldwide Commercial Sales (WWCS) Sales Strategy, Operations, & Enablement (SSOE) team is building the future of sales. We operate with a startup mentality, build mechanisms that scale, and innovate solutions on behalf of our global Amazon Web Services (AWS) customers. Our team is responsible for supporting the rapidly growing WWCS business, serving Sales Leaders to Solution Architects and everything in between. We are obsessed with delivering results for AWS customers and supporting our sales organization to shape the direction of the business and allow our sales organization to reach customers efficiently. We are a diverse, innovative team that loves translating data, insights, and anecdotes into action.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 8+ years of experience in the areas of sales planning/strategy, and/or sales operations, finance, business development, business management, in mid-to-large scale global sales organization; experience with Startups is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience leading, motivating and developing future talent • Demonstrable experience within a global technology or management consulting firm
- Experience in a B2B sales environment to include sales organizational structures, indirect channel, sales systems, and industry data used in developing go-to-market strategies
- Experience with market and insights related to cloud computing and IT
- Exhibits sound business judgment, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership and delivering programs to support and grow a business
- Creative thinker and problem solver bringing innovative approaches to building solutions - Experience interacting with sales leadership and establishing credibility as a strategic partner
- Understands business operations, and has a background that enables them to create scalable programs that apply holistic approaches to sales planning
- Demonstrated Earning Trust with internal stakeholders, prove the ability to deep dive data, is biased for action and drives for results through others
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and metrics
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills
- Work effectively across internal and external organizations
- MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
AWS values diverse experiences. Even if you do not meet all of the qualifications and skills listed in the job description, we encourage candidates to apply. If your career is just starting, hasn’t followed a traditional path, or includes alternative experiences, don’t let it stop you from applying.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. We pioneered cloud computing and never stopped innovating — that’s why customers from the most successful startups to Global 500 companies trust our robust suite of products and services to power their businesses.
We value work-life harmony. Achieving success at work should never come at the expense of sacrifices at home, which is why flexible work hours and arrangements are part of our culture. When we feel supported in the workplace and at home, there’s nothing we can’t achieve in the cloud.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, it’s in our nature to learn and be curious. Our employee-led affinity groups foster a culture of inclusion that empower us to be proud of our differences. Ongoing events and learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences, inspire us to never stop embracing our uniqueness.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $140,200/year in our lowest geographic market up to $260,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.