Principal Solutions Architect , WWPS SOLUTIONS ARCHITECTS
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Solutions Architect to join our thriving technical community and growing public sector business in New York City .
You would be part of a friendly and supportive team, working together to bring the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to organizations serving the public.
As a Solutions Architect in the Intergovernmental Organizations UN Team you will be supporting some of the most important UN organizations to accelerate and scale innovation, reduce costs, drive efficiency and use cloud technology in support of their missions.
In this role, your creativity will link technology to tangible solutions for business challenges, with the opportunity to define or invent cloud-native reference architectures with the worldwide AWS Solutions Architect community.
You will participate in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts) and evangelise and educate about AWS technology (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences) If you can educate AWS customers about the art of the possible, while challenging what many think impossible, come build the future with us.
Key job responsibilities
Owning the technical relationship with the customer and operate as their trusted advisor.
* Educating customers and partners on the latest AWS technologies and design patterns.
* Engage with business leaders, technologists, engineers, and analysts at our UN customers to help them to solve problems and gain insight using the latest technologies and methodologies.
* Help customers imagine the art of the possible, accelerate their projects and recommend best-practice architectures in line with their business outcomes.
* Take part in and lead deep-dive education and technology design exercises to create world-class, Well Architected solutions for UN organisations and the AWS partners who work with them, including systems integrators and ISVs.
* Advocate on the behalf of the customer. to help drive continual improvements to the AWS platform to influence the service roadmap.
* Supporting other members of the account team and aid bid teams in reviewing technical responses to proposals.
* Collaborating and supporting broader AWS teams, Professional Services and AWS Partners, in order to deliver maximum value to customers.
* Building on your existing technical breadth and industry experience, you will develop expertise in AWS technologies to the point that you can not only contribute to but lead deep architecture discussions around systems and applications in the cloud.
* Develop and share best practice knowledge, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts) with the worldwide AWS solutions architecture organisation and the AWS customers and partners community.
* Develop areas of depth in technical domains relevant to your interests and customers’ needs.
* Contribute to the growth of the Solutions Architecture organization by helping to hire, coach and mentor other members of the team.
About the team
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally.
We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust. We’re dedicated to providing an inclusive and accepting environment, from the first day you join us.
We believe that broader representation of talent allows us to continue innovating for our customers.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own level between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
* Have a Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps.
* Have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical solutions.
* Be able to work effectively across internal and external organizations, and remote teams.
* Verbal and written communication skills, with business-fluent English, to be able to facilitate discussions in a customer organization, as well as the technical background that enables you to easily interact with and give guidance to customers working in an operational role.
* Have a passion for designing and building cloud computing systems for some of the most important UN organizations to accelerate and scale innovation, reduce costs and drive efficiency.
* Experience architecting highly available, resilient, fault-tolerant systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal/vertical scaling.
* Working knowledge of multiple technology domains, such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, Serverless, Big Data, analytics, Machine Learning, enterprise workloads (SAP, VMware, Windows etc.), high-performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), complex networking implementations, highly secured workloads etc and a solid understanding Security and Compliance.
* Working knowledge of cloud-native architectures; AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or equivalent certifications. * You will enjoy building and expanding your technical skills, to the point that you can not only contribute to, but lead deep architecture discussions around systems and applications in the cloud.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $146,200/year in our lowest geographic market up to $284,300/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.