Program Development Leader, AWS Partner Sales Enablement
**The location for this position is flexible. A qualified candidate can work in any city where AWS has an office.**
The AWS Partner Sales Enablement (PSE) team is seeking an experienced Program Development Leader to create and drive strategic initiatives in support of the Global Partner Sales team strategy. Your responsibilities will include building and leading key strategic initiatives focused on new opportunity creation, AWS practice creation, new partner development, and achieving our ambitious multi-year growth targets. You will build coordinated and comprehensive go-to-market investment plans with our field managed partners. You will work extensively with internal teams including technical leadership, legal, marketing, contracts, and executive teams to ensure growth through, to, and with AWS’ partners. The ideal candidate has both a sales and go-to-market background that enables them to effectively engage internal and external alliance and sales stakeholders, and a business strategy background that enables them to effectively engage at the Director and CXO level to progress strategic initiatives to successful implementation. A strong bias for action, strategic planning skills, and the ability to coordinate and deliver results across a highly-matrixed organization is essential.
AWS is the leading partner platform with over 100K partners in over 190 countries worldwide. These partners deliver key services that drive customer business outcomes. The Partner Sales Enablement (PSE) team plays a critical role in accelerating growth, simplifying engagement, and developing mechanisms for scale for AWS, our partners, and their customers.
If you are a builder with a proven work ethic, love to dive into the details, enjoy working on complex initiatives, and have experience delivering results under aggressive timelines and ambiguous scenarios, reach out to us!
Key job responsibilities
• Define and execute a cadence of activities which align our Partner Sales strategy across the geos and AWS Partner Network to maximize partner impact.
• Work closely with leaders in Partner Sales, Partner Solution Architects (PSAs), AWS Marketplace, Partner Management, and Partner Programs to deliver a consistent and scalable partner experience.
• Lead and serve as a member of a cross-functional strategic integration team with responsibility for providing representation of Partner Sales and the AWS Partner Network to cross-functional initiatives, forums, and teams.
• Drive global initiatives which increase operational excellence, create new opportunity revenue generation, and improve the partner experience.
• Lead business review and planning mechanisms including internal quarterly business reviews (QBRs) and partner planning.
About the team
We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect team members and management alike to take high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. A successful candidate will have a proven record of successful program management, and experience driving strategy and influencing executive leadership. We are looking for someone that approaches complex business questions with data and curiosity; someone who dives below the surface to identify the root cause and the "so what" rather than just superficial trends.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 7+ years of developing, negotiating and executing business agreements experience
- 7+ years of professional or military experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience developing strategies that influence leadership decisions at the organizational level
- Experience as a founder or executive focused on related segments, or as a practice leader or business unit owner
- Experience selling to Fortune 1000 or Global 2000 organizations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $140,800/year in our lowest geographic market up to $262,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.