Finance Manager, Amazon Advertising, Stores Display
We are looking for a Finance Manager to support the supply side of our high growth Amazon Advertising business, namely our owned and operated Amazon.* supply inventory. Use analytics, strategic thinking, and business partnership skills to influence how Amazon utilizes and monetizes ads on its owned and operated Amazon.* properties. This job can be located in either New York or Seattle.
Key job responsibilities
· Partner directly with the business to drive new initiatives, products, or solutions that will improve supply efficacy and utilization.
· Write research papers to influence our supply strategy.
· Dive deep into data and provide insights on how owned and operated supply can better be used for both customers and Amazon advertisers.
· Lead cross functional work that involves the demand side, auctions, and other areas of the advertising workflow.
· Curate and provide visibility into key performance and operational efficiency metrics. Provide financial insights for periodic business reviews with key stakeholders.
· Work with BIE and Data Science team to build for scale. Streamline/automate processes and reporting.
A day in the life
If you enjoy using analytical skills to shape strategy and build new initiatives from concept to full-scale operations this will be a good match. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to assist in developing new products, analyzing monetization efficiency to maximize revenue, and providing valuation guidance for product roadmap prioritization and decision making.
About the team
This position will directly partner with senior business leaders on a daily basis and will be responsible for overall financial modeling and analysis during requirements planning and business reviews and evaluation of new products and development.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 5+ years of tax, finance or a related analytical field experience
- 5+ years of applying key financial performance indicators (KPIs) to analyses experience
- Experience performing ad hoc analysis using advanced Excel
- Experience building and managing financial models for business forecasting and problem solving
- 6+ years of identifying incomplete or inaccurate data, identifying the root cause and creating/implementing an escalation plan experience
- 6+ years of solving complex business challenges by delivering accurate and timely financial models, analysis, and recommendations that have a proven impact on business (e.g., financial savings, operational improvements, or customer benefits) experience
- MBA, or CPA
- Knowledge of SQL/ETL
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
- Experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of results
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $81,100/year in our lowest geographic market up to $179,500/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.