Account Manager, Startups - HCLS, Startups
Are you passionate about helping Healthcare and Life Sciences customers achieve transformative business results, and making a positive impact on people's lives? As an Account Manager for Startups at Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will be the strategic lead responsible for driving cloud adoption within a group of stellar startups disrupting in Health Care Life Sciences.
AWS offers a complete set of cloud services that enable all companies, from startups to enterprises, to run virtually everything in the cloud, including application development, model training, big data analytics, and AI/ML platforms.
Startups represent a critically important subset of customers to AWS. These companies have unique needs, technical considerations, sales cycles, and growth trajectories that distinguish them from traditional companies. These businesses require different engagement strategies and sales motions from sellers to effectively acquire, grow, and retain them on the AWS platform long-term. As AWS continues to rapidly grow, we seek a Startup Account Manager to earn trust and help drive growth amongst a set of well-funded, high-potential startups.
The ideal candidate possesses a strong sales acumen and knowledge of the startup ecosystem. You will be working with startups building cutting edge Health Care and Life Sciences solutions, so extensive collaboration with external contacts and internal teams will be key to building and executing on plans to meet and exceed sales quota.
Your responsibilities will include driving revenue, crafting partnerships, accelerating innovation through service adoption, and ensuring these startups select AWS as their primary cloud provider.
You will align closely with counterparts in business development, marketing, solution architecture and partner teams to lead execution of coordinated go-to-market strategies and sales plays.
You will also work closely with business development teams who are driving strategic support, global co-programming, and portfolio engagement to help drive top-of-funnel customer acquisition and accelerate seller cycles in the field.
The ideal candidate will have a strong entrepreneurial spirit who is prepared to work in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment, execute against ambitious goals, and consistently embrace the Amazon Culture.
Key job responsibilities
• Ensure customer success with early, mid and late-stage startups
• Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory or industry vertical
• Accelerate customer adoption through well-developed sales engagements and successful GTM Strategy
• Meet or exceed quarterly revenue and goal targets. - Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan.
• Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services.
• Accelerate customer adoption by engaging Founders, CxO, Board of Directors and VC influencers
• Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption. - Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
• Successfully work in a large-scale environment, leading collaboration with AWS resources (Solution Architects, Business Development, Marketing, Partners, Support, and Service teams) to drive customer solution adoption at scale.
Moderate travel to customer sites is required.
About the team
We are committed to furthering our culture of Inclusive Team Culture. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust. We have ten employee-led affinity groups reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Here at AWS, we embrace our differences.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent additional years of experience
• 5+ years of technology related enterprise sales or business development experience
• Location – role is located in New York, NY
• MBA/MA/MS degree
• Previous cloud expertise at a technology company and/or HCLS background
• Passion for helping startups grow
• Passion for and familiarity with HCLS and Cloud trends
• History of working for, or selling to tech startups
• Experience working with founders is desirable
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Comfortable delivering results amid ambiguity and change
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $73,900/year in our lowest geographic market up to $177,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. This position is eligible for variable pay via a sales compensation plan. These plans pay according to achievement level against sales targets and/or business objectives. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.