Executive Assistant, Corporate Development
Amazon's Corporate Development team is responsible for identifying, executing, managing/integrating Amazon’s mergers, acquisitions, and minority investments. In this fast-paced role you will support multiple Directors on the Corporate Development team in addition to collaborating with other team members in the organization. This role demands a strong sense of urgency and the ability to work independently with little to no guidance on assignments with sound judgment.
The candidate will be able to initiation action on projects and be able to juggle multiple critical requests at one time. The individual in this role will possess the skills to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with minimal oversight, react with appropriate urgency to situations which require a quick turnaround, be able to take effective action with sometimes ambiguous information, and proactively solve difficult or complex problems that affect people within the department or other related groups. They will also be highly detail-oriented and demonstrate sound communication while maintaining flexibility, composure, and a good sense of humor.
A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals both inside and outside the company is critical. Also imperative is the ability to partner well cross functionally with other Executive Assistants.
Key job responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Effectively and proactively support multiple Directors
• Complex calendar management
• Expense reimbursement
• Coordinate global schedules, travel arrangements, and seamless meeting logistics such as video conferencing and conference calls for internal and external meetings.
• Organize, prioritize and appropriately handle time-sensitive, confidential information and ensure the action required is addressed in a timely manner.
• Assist with event coordination (including team meetings and morale events)
• Catering and supply orders
A day in the life
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
*Mentorship and Career Growth*
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 3+ years of professional or military experience
- Experience with executive level calendar management
- Experience with domestic or international travel coordination
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and applications
- 3+ years of senior level leadership support experience
- Experience prioritizing and handling multiple assignments at any given time while maintaining commitment to deadlines
- Impeccable attention to detail with a high level of integrity and discretion
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-tech company
- Experience managing multiple calendars
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $47,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $107,100/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.