Gravity Global is the world’s most awarded marketing consultancy specializing in brands operating in complex markets. Led by strategy, innovation, technology, data and creativity, we create brand-and-demand marketing programmes that drive transformational growth for our clients.
With 14 wholly owned offices across the US, Europe, and APAC, you can develop a truly global career in a rapidly scaling organization.
The Gravity Global team is seeking an Account Director to manage and lead a national program in Michigan aimed at attracting, retaining, and growing target industries for economic benefits.
As the Account Director, you will interact with team members and partners across the US. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of delivering consistent and relevant results in leading strategic integrated marketing efforts for economic development and business attraction programs with budgets exceeding $1 million. Having experience in the Great Lakes region would be beneficial.
- Serve as the single point of client contact responsible for strategic planning and day-to-day oversight of multi-location/multi-discipline integrated marketing team.
- Proactively problem-solve account issues; deliver outstanding client service through a commitment to transparency, measurability, and accountability.
- Manage workflow and account budgets and billings. Administer staffing of accounts within budget parameters; oversee and approve client monthly billings; ensure appropriate tracking of agency work; ensure all work hours are tracked within the agency billing system; resolve billing issues.
- Commitment to diversity, allyship, equity, and inclusion in established processes and demonstrated action; ability to identify ways to ensure representation across messages.
- Coach and develop account teams and direct reports. Hold regular one-on-one professional development meetings with direct reports and office staff; proactively address performance issues to ensure success and clarity of roles and expectations are met.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, economic development, advertising, communication, or related field; or equivalent experience
- Minimum 15 years experience in business attraction marketing or related field
- Previous relevant leadership positions
- Success managing a high-performing team charged with highly complex long-term projects
- Experience working with government, automotive, manufacturing, and related industries and in public-private partnerships a plus
- Experience leading multi-platform programs a plus
- Excel in a collaborative environment, open to new ideas, creative, and eager to learn
- Self-starter, hardworking, relentlessly positive, self-aware, and intrinsically motivated
WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision and supporting benefits package
- 401K/Roth Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Vacation and Summer Fridays
- Purposeful and considerate in our hybrid approach
- Great company culture: Certified Best Places to Work 2022
- Company-paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability, and so much more
Does this sound like you?
Please apply through our Careers Page. Once submitted, there is no need to call. While we thank you in advance for your interest, please know that due to our high volume, we will only reach out to those whose experience and skills most closely match the requirements of the position.
Gravity Global offers a rewarding environment where every associate is valued. We appreciate all members of the team, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Gravity Global participates in E-Verify during the onboarding process. Find the Notice of E-Verify Participation and Right to Work posters here.
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
About Gravity Global
Write a short description of your company, a boilerplate of the business, service or product that you offer. Include your business idea and the target audience. This text is primarily supposed to be descriptive, not selling.
Already working at Gravity Global?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.